Try these easy Christmas canapé recipes
- Credit: Archant
French cheese doesn’t just have to be saved for the cheeseboard, why not experiment with canapés too?
Saint Agur Puff Pastry Canapés
Get the party started with these crowd-pleasing canape?s made with Saint Agur, a blue cheese from the Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes region in central France.
2 sheets of puff pastry
125g Saint Agur cheese
- 1 What you need to know about France’s Covid-19 health pass system
- 2 7 reasons to live in Tarn-et-Garonne
- 3 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
- 4 James Bond: How France shaped 007’s adventures
- 5 Our next free webinar on French property and living in France is on 6 October
- 6 French Property News October book competition: Win a copy of Presidential Residences in France by Adrien Goetz
- 7 Heart of town: Lovely French properties for sale in popular town centre locations
- 8 Stephen Clarke: Lost in translation?
- 9 Northern France: 5 places to visit for a short break from the UK
- 10 France at Home: 7 websites that bring France to the UK
Cut each sheet of pastry into four squares and make a groove with your finger at the centre of each piece.
Cut the pear into thin slices, top the puff pastry with the slices.
Spread small chunks of Saint Agur over each slice.
Whisk your egg and then brush each canape? with the mix. Bake at 180C for about 10 minutes until the pastry is puffed and golden.
Drizzle with a little honey and decorate with a sprig of rosemary.
Mini Croque Madame with Saint Agur
Give your guests a warm welcome with these delicious appetisers.
4 slices of toasted bread
4 slices of ham
125g Saint Agur cheese
8 quail eggs
Remove the crusts from each slice of toast.
Top two slices of the toast with a layer of cheese, the ham and then another layer of cheese.
Add the other two slices of bread on top, pressing together to seal.
Heat the butter in a frying pan and fry the sandwiches until golden and crispy.
Fry the quail eggs into small, round fried eggs.
Cut each sandwich into four squares with a sharp knife and top the sandwiches with the fried eggs.
Saint Agur Mini Muffins
A mouthwatering mix of sweet and savoury, these mini muffins are quick and easy to make.
50ml olive oil
250g wheat flour
1 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
100g Saint Agur cheese
30g dried cranberries
Preheat the oven to 200C.
Stir the eggs, milk and oil together in a bowl.
Stir the flour, salt and baking soda together in another bowl.
Stir the wet and dry ingredients together with a spoon to make a consistent and smooth dough. Stir chopped cranberries and walnuts into the dough mixture.
Distribute the dough evenly into 24 small muffin cases and make a groove in the middle of each muffin, fill with a small square of Saint Agur.
Bake the muffins for 15-20 minutes and then serve warm.