Try these easy Christmas canapé recipes
- Credit: Archant
French cheese doesn’t just have to be saved for the cheeseboard, why not experiment with canapés too?
Saint Agur Puff Pastry Canapés
Get the party started with these crowd-pleasing canape?s made with Saint Agur, a blue cheese from the Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes region in central France.
2 sheets of puff pastry
125g Saint Agur cheese
- 1 Surprise, surprise! France offers expats a great quality of life
- 2 Allo Allo! Brits in France
- 3 Real Life: Canalside life in an idyllic Hérault village
- 4 Tour de France 2022: 3 new stage hosts announced
- 5 48 hours in Paris: Unmissable new things to see and do on a short break in the city
- 6 3 key things you need to know about visas for France
- 7 Bargain beauties: 9 renovated French properties on the market for less than €150,000
- 8 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
- 9 What you need to know about France’s Covid-19 health pass system
- 10 Visit The Last Duel's French filming locations
Cut each sheet of pastry into four squares and make a groove with your finger at the centre of each piece.
Cut the pear into thin slices, top the puff pastry with the slices.
Spread small chunks of Saint Agur over each slice.
Whisk your egg and then brush each canape? with the mix. Bake at 180C for about 10 minutes until the pastry is puffed and golden.
Drizzle with a little honey and decorate with a sprig of rosemary.
Mini Croque Madame with Saint Agur
Give your guests a warm welcome with these delicious appetisers.
4 slices of toasted bread
4 slices of ham
125g Saint Agur cheese
8 quail eggs
Remove the crusts from each slice of toast.
Top two slices of the toast with a layer of cheese, the ham and then another layer of cheese.
Add the other two slices of bread on top, pressing together to seal.
Heat the butter in a frying pan and fry the sandwiches until golden and crispy.
Fry the quail eggs into small, round fried eggs.
Cut each sandwich into four squares with a sharp knife and top the sandwiches with the fried eggs.
Saint Agur Mini Muffins
A mouthwatering mix of sweet and savoury, these mini muffins are quick and easy to make.
50ml olive oil
250g wheat flour
1 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
100g Saint Agur cheese
30g dried cranberries
Preheat the oven to 200C.
Stir the eggs, milk and oil together in a bowl.
Stir the flour, salt and baking soda together in another bowl.
Stir the wet and dry ingredients together with a spoon to make a consistent and smooth dough. Stir chopped cranberries and walnuts into the dough mixture.
Distribute the dough evenly into 24 small muffin cases and make a groove in the middle of each muffin, fill with a small square of Saint Agur.
Bake the muffins for 15-20 minutes and then serve warm.