Children’s book celebrates English and French heritage
- Credit: Archant
A personalised new book helps parents introduce children to their dual heritage and identity
A Child of Two Worlds is a new book for dual-heritage children of English and French parents. The first book from publishing start-up Two Worlds has been created to support parents from different countries as they introduce their child to the different identities of two nationalities.
Aimed at children aged 0-7, A Child of Two Worlds is designed to look like a passport and takes the parents’ countries of origin as a starting point. The 64-page story is made up of two halves, meaning that reading can start from either parent’s side, with both stories ending on the centre spread and child and parents meeting in the middle.
To encourage children to engage in learning about their parents’ backgrounds, native languages, customs and traditions, and to see themselves and their families reflected in the story, the book can be personalised using customisable avatars that give a choice of skin, hair and eye colour, and finishing touches such as glasses, freckles and beards can be added too.
Full of fun facts about each country, with colourful, eye-catching illustrations providing plenty of visual interest, the book also has special activity sections for keeping track of new words learned, places visited and foods tried.
“For dual heritage children, exploring and understanding the component parts of their identities at a young age is crucial for the development of their sense of self. We’re living through increasingly divisive times, which is why we believe that instilling a sense of curiosity about cultural identity as early as possible is even more important if we want our children to grow into adults who celebrate cultural diversity, their own and that of those around them. A Child of Two Worlds is our way of supporting parents of dual heritage children on this journey,” says Andrei Andreescu, co-founder of Two Worlds. More countries are planned in the coming months.
A Child of Two Worlds is available in soft cover priced at £19.99 and in hardback at £27.99.
- 1 Surprise, surprise! France offers expats a great quality of life
- 2 Real Life: Canalside life in an idyllic Hérault village
- 3 Tour de France 2022: 3 new stage hosts announced
- 4 Allo Allo! Brits in France
- 5 48 hours in Paris: Unmissable new things to see and do on a short break in the city
- 6 3 key things you need to know about visas for France
- 7 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
- 8 Bargain beauties: 9 renovated French properties on the market for less than €150,000
- 9 What you need to know about France’s Covid-19 health pass system
- 10 Visit The Last Duel's French filming locations
You might also like....