These photographs truly capture the beauty of the Canal du Midi
- Credit: Archant
From mysterious towpath walks, to the most popular waterside scenes, we’ve found 20 pictures of France’s Canal du Midi to take your breath away
- 1 Film Review: Wes Anderson's The French Dispatch
- 2 Escape to the Château: Dick and Angel Strawbridge return to screens for new series
- 3 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
- 4 What you need to know about France’s Covid-19 health pass system
- 5 Visit The Last Duel's French filming locations
- 6 Fibre optic France: countryside has faster internet access than many cities
- 7 French Property: 9 Vineyards for sale in France for every budget
- 8 A Year in Provence with Carol Drinkwater – the new Channel 5 series to enjoy this autumn
- 9 8 Instagram accounts all French learners should follow
- 10 Bargain beauties: 9 renovated French properties on the market for less than €150,000
or even snow…
the tree-lined views of the Canal du Midi are always a pleasure to see.
With an abundance of beautiful homes…
overlooking the French waterway,
and rows upon rows of colourful barges,
and rickety rowing boats adorning the canal…
is it any wonder it’s such a popular destination for a holiday?
Perhaps a summer cruise is your forte…
or an autumn walk with your pooch,
take a cycle ride along the towpath,
or a lazy, waterside stroll…
not forgetting the beautiful sunrises,
You can view some French medieval history without putting a foot on land.
Even the locks are pretty on the Canal du Midi.
From pretty waterside towns and villages…
to leafy Autumn scenes. Just enjoy the beauty the canal has to offer.
To read more on France’s canals and rivers, visit - France’s best 5 regions for boating holidays
Want to see more stunning photos of France? Follow us on Pinterest