Dreaming of your next holiday to France, but not sure where to go? Here are Lagrange Holidays’ picks of the top ten holiday spots in France for 2015 ADVERTISING FEATURE
1. Brantôme: A beautiful historic Dordogne town renowned for its excellent local cuisine, with pretty watermill and stone bridge creating a picture-perfect scene with the Benedictine Abbey of Brantôme. Stay in Le Moulin de l’Abbaye – a charming four-star hotel with panoramic views.
2. Talmont-Saint-Hilaire: Within easy reach of the sandy beach and coastal paths of Talmont-Saint-Hilaire on the Vendée coast, Le Village de la Mer offers family-friendly accommodation in comfortable holiday houses and boasts an outdoor swimming pool, sauna, steam room and children’s club.
3. Fayence: Nestled between the sea and the mountains, Fayence is one of the famous hill-top villages of Provence. Le Domaine de Fayence features high-standard houses and villas in a colourful Provençal style, plus excellent on-site facilities.
4. Biarritz: A surfer’s paradise and bustling year-round, Biarritz lends itself to both beach holidays and city breaks, and is a great base for exploring the Basque region. Les Patios Eugénie are smart, recently-built apartments just 400m from the famous ‘Grande Plage’.
5. Pralognan-la-Vanoise: A traditional Alpine village in the heart of the Vanoise National Park, Pralognan-la-Vanoise offers a holiday in tranquillity, surrounded by unspoilt natural scenery. Les Hauts de la Vanoise are smart new apartments, ideal for walking or hiking holidays.
6. Bergerac: With a landscape typified by rolling vineyards and well-preserved chateaux, Bergerac is a wine and history lovers’ haven in the heart of the Perigord Pourpe. Le Clos des Vignes apartments and houses provide a leisurely base near the local park.
7. Saint-Lary: Famous for its thermal springs, Saint-Lary is a traditional Pyrenean village with charming stone architecture and stunning scenery. Le Clos Saint-Hilaire provides smart accommodation, with swimming pool and sauna.
8. Le Paradou: This intimate Provençal village near Les-Baux-de-Provence is well-placed for exploring the region’s famous delights: sophisticated towns, excellent cuisine and remnants of a Medieval and Roman past. Le Domaine de Bourgeac is the perfect place to relax and unwind in tranquillity.
9. Six-Fours-les-Plages: A charming seaside town surrounded by pine forest and boasting an impressive 16km coastline, Six-Fours-les-Plages is the perfect alternative to busier Côte d’Azur towns. Les Terrasses des Embiez are smart apartments, with sea views available.
10. Samoëns: A bustling Alpine village classified by the Monuments Historiques for its beautifully preserved architecture, Samoëns is ideal for enjoying all the activities that the mountains have to offer. Les Fermes de Samoens are chalet-style apartments, close to the bike trail and resort centre.
Operating in the UK for over 30 years, Lagrange Holidays offers accommodation in over 200 destinations throughout France’s coasts, countryside, cities and mountains. The summer programme features apartments, houses, campsites, hotels and villas with private pools. Visit Lagrange Holidays or call 020 7371 6111 to speak to a member of the small, friendly UK Reservations team.