12 French proverbs for January to December
- Credit: djvstock istock / Getty Images
When it thunders in January, winter is cut short
If February starts like a lion it finishes like a lamb
Greenery in March is a bad omen
The April moon doesn’t pass without frost
When the blackbird sings in May, April has finished!
In June gloomy haze, only three difficult days
- 1 Eco-friendly France: 5 new laws for 2022 plus 5 more for the future
- 2 Dirk Bogarde’s France: the legendary actor’s happy place
- 3 Visa pro: acquiring long-stay visas to work in France
- 4 Tax-free shopping in France: How can I save up to 20% VAT on shopping during my France trip!
- 5 Learning French: 4 useful websites for learning a language while having fun
- 6 We still want to escape to the château – but maybe not to do a Dick and Angel!
- 7 Bargain Properties: 15 French houses on the market for under €50,000
- 8 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
- 9 French Ski Properties: 6 of the best resorts in the French Alps
- 10 9 dreamy châteaux for sale in France for budgets starting at €200,000
In the month of July, neither coat nor corset
August ripens the fruits, September picks them
If June makes quantity, September makes quality
A half rainy October makes the ploughman happy but the worried grape picker puts aside his old wine
Fog in November, winter will be tender
A cold and snowy December brings a rich and happy summer