The best places in France for a happy retirement...and 10 other things we learnt in the June issue of French Property News (plus Living France)!
- Credit: Archant
Should I buy a fixer upper or renovated property? What are the pitfalls of owning a holiday home? Is it difficult getting a visa to move to France after Brexit? The answers are in the June issue of French Property News, out now!
1. Hoping to move to France and worried about getting your post-Brexit visa? Meet someone who’s been through the process, on page 10.
2. Should you buy a perfectly presented property or would you prefer a project? We set out the pros and cons of renovating on page 24.
3. Meet three inspiring people who have turned outbuildings into home-based workshops, on page 28.
4. How about buying a property near one of France’s theme parks, from hidden gems to world-famous mega destinations? See page 32.
5. Meet the retired crime scene investigator who’s penned his memoirs by the Mediterranean on page 40.
6. Ariège is a welcoming place for all, wherever you’re from and whatever your background. Find out why on page 52.
- 1 We still want to escape to the château – but maybe not to do a Dick and Angel!
- 2 Bargain Properties: 15 French houses on the market for under €50,000
- 3 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
- 4 My France: Taggart and Two Doors Down actor Alex Norton's love of Languedoc
- 5 Carol Drinkwater: A tribute to the French baguette
- 6 What Covid tests and paperwork do I need for travel to France?
- 7 9 dreamy châteaux for sale in France for budgets starting at €200,000
- 8 Dick and Angel Strawbridge launch The Chateau Kitchen cookbook
- 9 French property: Where is best to invest?
- 10 Emily in Paris: 3 Parisian apartments for sale that remind us of the popular Netflix show
7. Beyond Biarritz are the lesser known destinations of the beautiful Pyrénées-Atlantiques department. Discover them on page 60.
8. Avoid the pitfalls of second home ownership by doing your homework. We show you how on page 64.
9. Tax experts answer your questions on selling French property in our Q&A capital gains tax special on page 75.
10. Where should you retire to in France? Janine Marsh suggests five departments that are glorious for your golden years on page 88.
11. Meet the couple who have transformed an unloved presbytery in Pas de Calais on page 98.
If you want to read and learn more about buying property and living in France, take out our great subscription offer and get the magazine delivered to your door every month!
On the cover: a stylish mini château on Charente’s border with Dordogne; see page 16 for details (leggettfrance.com)