How to snag yourself some secondhand bargains in France...and 10 other things we learnt in the December issue of French Property News (plus Living France!)
- Credit: HE
How can I make my French business more sustainable? Why should I conider buying a mobile home? What’s it like living with a disability in France? The answers are all in the December issue of French Property News, out now!
1. We’re off to a festive start this month, chatting to Angel Strawbridge of Escape to the Chateau about her first year in France, and how Christmas at the château will be spent this year, on page 28.
2. Take a peek inside a beautifully restored Provence farm estate, on page 38.
3. Running your hotel, B&B or gites as sustainably as possible is good for both planet and profit. Get some ideas on page 42.
4. After selling their seaside apatrment in the south of France, one couple found that a mobile home was the perfect choice for their second French property. Read more on page 44.
5. Time for a bit of history, as we take a look at some of France’s traditional wash houses, on page 52.
6. Maritime heritage, tropical gardens and proximity to sandy ebaches - there’s much more to Roscoff than the ferry port, we learn on page 58.
- 1 Surprise, surprise! France offers expats a great quality of life
- 2 The Madame Blanc Mysteries: former Coronation Street star swaps Manchester for France
- 3 Real Life: Canalside life in an idyllic Hérault village
- 4 Tour de France 2022: 3 new stage hosts announced
- 5 48 hours in Paris: Unmissable new things to see and do on a short break in the city
- 6 Allo Allo! Brits in France
- 7 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
- 8 What you need to know about France’s Covid-19 health pass system
- 9 Bargain beauties: 9 renovated French properties on the market for less than €150,000
- 10 3 key things you need to know about visas for France
7. Capital gains tax is set to change for sellers of French property from 2021. Find out more on page 68.
8. For at least the next year, British expats in France can make or change their English wills remotely on a video call, our expert explains on page 70.
9. For beautiful rural scenery, a slower pace of life and excellent value, how about Mayenne? Explore the department, hear from people who live there and take a look at some gorgeous properties, on page 86.
10. What is it like living with a disability in France? Hear from three people with very different experiences, on page 96.
11. Purchasing goods secondhand is an increasingly popular choice in many places these days, including in France. Find out where you can bag a bargain, on page 104.
If you want to read and learn more about buying property and living in France you can buy the issue of French Property News here
Or, you can take out our great subscription offer and get the magazine delivered to your door every month!
On the cover: an impressive home and business in Dordogne on the market with Leggett Immobilier