12 reasons to buy the Autumn issue of Living France
The Autumn 2018 issue of Living France is out now! Here are 12 reasons you should pick up a copy...
1. Explore the south-west coast
We venture off the beaten path in surfers’ paradises Pyrénées-Atlantiques and Landes and see what charming delights they offer.
2. Real life stories from commuters who live in France and work abroad
It is possible to commute to work in the UK and even Austria from France. Find out how it is done.
3. Read about France’s favourite villages
We look at the latest five winners of the Le village préféré des Français competition and find out what makes them worthy of the title.
- 1 48 hours in Paris: Unmissable new things to see and do on a short break in the city
- 2 The Madame Blanc Mysteries: former Coronation Street star swaps Manchester for France
- 3 Allo Allo! Brits in France
- 4 Surprise, surprise! France offers expats a great quality of life
- 5 Real Life: Canalside life in an idyllic Hérault village
- 6 A Year in Provence with Carol Drinkwater – the new Channel 5 series to enjoy this autumn
- 7 What you need to know about France’s Covid-19 health pass system
- 8 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
- 9 Bargain beauties: 9 renovated French properties on the market for less than €150,000
- 10 Tour de France 2022: 3 new stage hosts announced
4. Get involved
Read stories from those volunteering and running charities in France and find out how you can get involved in your local community.
5. Tax advice for those planning to move to France before Brexit
In the first of a two-part article, Kehinde Dauda explains what you need to know about the tax implications of moving to France before the UK leaves the EU in March 2019.
6. Try a new recipe
We have a recipe for medallions of pork with coriander and garlic extract, from Revolutionary French Cooking by Daniel Galmiche.
7. Meet a couple in Morbihan who opened a chambres d’hôtes
They had no previous experience and their property required extensive refurbishments, but that did not stop them.
8. Find out how to get the most from La Poste
The post office in France has many useful services that differ to those in the UK. Our guide looks at how La Poste works and we give you useful related vocabulary.
9. Get a local’s view of Landes
Bea White and Derek Connor run charming, family-friendly holiday accommodation in Ste-Colombe.
10. Look inside Camont cooking school
Professional cook and food writer, Kate Hill, lives in an 18th-century farmhouse where she also runs a cookery school.
11. See some show stopping properties
Estate agents attending the fast approaching, French Property Exhibition, give us an idea of the homes they’ll be showcasing in London.
12. Gardening tips
Our gardening expert, Sue Bradley, looks at the history of the Mme Caroline Testout rose and shares her list of things to do in your garden this autumn.
What are you waiting for? You can buy the September 2018 issue of Living France here.
Or, you can take out our great subscription offer and get the magazine delivered to your door every month!