June 2017 issue of French Property News out now
- Credit: Archant
In the June 2017 issue of French Property News, we go househunting in rural France, find out how to narrow down your property shortlist with some clever detective work and find out how non-EU residents buy property and live in France
How to narrow down your property shortlist from home
Have you ever thought you’d found your dream French property only to be disappointed when you saw it in real life? We explore how you can narrow down your property shortlist before you travel to France and avoid more disappointments with some clever detective work from your sofa.
Find your rural paradise in France
We venture off the beaten track and explore Auvergne in central France, famous for its extinct volcanoes, and Aude and Pyrénées-Orientales, a cheaper and quieter alternative to the Riviera. We also discover why Dordogne is so popular with British buyers and where you can pick up a property bargain. If you are planning a property with a sea view then don’t miss our article on what you need to consider before buying a coastal property.
How Brexit made two couples more determined to move to France
Did you know that Tom Hardy, Elton John and Scarlett Johansson all have houses in France? Find out where the rich and famous buy and why they are drawn to France. For many British buyers Brexit is a big concern but we meet two British couples and find out why the EU referendum vote was the push they needed to move to France. We also speak to several non-EU residents to see how they live in France, what bureaucratic hoops they have to jump through and how it is different to EU residents.
- 1 Iconic landmarks: The story behind Paris’ Arc de Triomphe
- 2 10 Romantic Hotels In France
- 3 Take a stroll in and around Pornic in Loire-Atlantique
- 4 French Properties: 5 houses with swimming pools for sale in France
- 5 See inside: Escape to the Chateau DIY's Chateau de Lomenie for sale
- 6 Discover the South of France villa from the upcoming Downton Abbey film
- 7 Why Boulogne-sur-Mer makes for a perfect family escape
- 8 Real Life: Canalside life in an idyllic Hérault village
- 9 What’s inside the May 2022 issue of FRANCE Magazine UK?
- 10 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
Plus, expert guides to capital gains tax, French income tax and the new PAYE system coming into effect in 2018, and how Brexit has affected exchange rates. And as always there are more than 200 beautiful French properties for sale.
Buy the June 2017 issue of French Property News
Or take advantage of our great subscription offers and get the magazine delivered every month!