June 2017 issue of French Property News out now
- Credit: Archant
In the June 2017 issue of French Property News, we go househunting in rural France, find out how to narrow down your property shortlist with some clever detective work and find out how non-EU residents buy property and live in France
How to narrow down your property shortlist from home
Have you ever thought you’d found your dream French property only to be disappointed when you saw it in real life? We explore how you can narrow down your property shortlist before you travel to France and avoid more disappointments with some clever detective work from your sofa.
Find your rural paradise in France
We venture off the beaten track and explore Auvergne in central France, famous for its extinct volcanoes, and Aude and Pyrénées-Orientales, a cheaper and quieter alternative to the Riviera. We also discover why Dordogne is so popular with British buyers and where you can pick up a property bargain. If you are planning a property with a sea view then don’t miss our article on what you need to consider before buying a coastal property.
How Brexit made two couples more determined to move to France
Did you know that Tom Hardy, Elton John and Scarlett Johansson all have houses in France? Find out where the rich and famous buy and why they are drawn to France. For many British buyers Brexit is a big concern but we meet two British couples and find out why the EU referendum vote was the push they needed to move to France. We also speak to several non-EU residents to see how they live in France, what bureaucratic hoops they have to jump through and how it is different to EU residents.
- 1 Tour de France 2022: 3 new stage hosts announced
- 2 What you need to know about France’s Covid-19 health pass system
- 3 Escape to the Château: Dick and Angel Strawbridge return to screens for new series
- 4 French Property: 9 Vineyards for sale in France for every budget
- 5 A Year in Provence with Carol Drinkwater – the new Channel 5 series to enjoy this autumn
- 6 8 Instagram accounts all French learners should follow
- 7 Fibre optic France: countryside has faster internet access than many cities
- 8 Bargain beauties: 9 renovated French properties on the market for less than €150,000
- 9 Visit The Last Duel's French filming locations
- 10 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
Plus, expert guides to capital gains tax, French income tax and the new PAYE system coming into effect in 2018, and how Brexit has affected exchange rates. And as always there are more than 200 beautiful French properties for sale.
Buy the June 2017 issue of French Property News
Or take advantage of our great subscription offers and get the magazine delivered every month!