Historic property in Côtes-d’Armor
- Credit: Archant
This historic Breton property in Côtes-d’Armor with its two wings is Eve Middleton’s favourite French property for sale
It’s something of an in-joke that when I do eventually get round to buying my house in France, it must, above all else, have an east wing and a west wing. As grand as that sounds, it’s less self-serving and more to preserve the sanity of others – I’ll willingly admit that I’m not the easiest person to live with!
Imagine my delight, then, when this four-bedroom property in Brittany’s Côtes-d’Armor department came to my attention. Not only does it have a west wing and an east wing, it also offers the opportunity to live in a beautiful and staunchly historic mansion house.
Make your way down the gravel driveway, and you’ll be greeted by the sight of the property’s thick granite walls, dotted with white-framed windows and topped with a dark grey roof.
Enter through the front door to take in the main reception room, which boasts an open fireplace, and the study and drawing room beyond. The open-plan dining area is home to a beautiful period dining table with solid wooden benches, while the fully equipped kitchen alongside has all the amenities of modern life.
- 1 3 key things you need to know about visas for France
- 2 Real Life: Canalside life in an idyllic Hérault village
- 3 8 Instagram accounts all French learners should follow
- 4 The Madame Blanc Mysteries: former Coronation Street star swaps Manchester for France
- 5 Take a journey through France with the FRANCE Calendar 2022
- 6 Bargain beauties: 9 renovated French properties on the market for less than €150,000
- 7 Tour de France 2022: 3 new stage hosts announced
- 8 Can I disinherit my children?
- 9 What you need to know about France’s Covid-19 health pass system
- 10 Aude: 6 alternative tourist spots in Cathar Country
The east wing is accessed through the main reception room, and has two floors; the first with two bedrooms and a bathroom; the second with a third bedroom. The west wing – a comfortable distance apart, very important – houses the fourth bedroom, along with an adjacent bathroom and sauna.
On the market for a cool €900,000, including furniture and contents, it’s definitely one I’ve taken under my wing!