Where van Gogh bid au revoir to his ear...and 7 other things we learnt in the August issue of French Property News
- Credit: Archant
What’s it like to live alone in France? How should you go about obtaining planning permission? Why are French taxes so high? The answers are all in the August 2019 edition of French Property News, out now!
1.Despite the ongoing Brexit saga, Brits remain the top foreign buyers of property in France. Find out more news and analysis from page 8 onwards.
2.More than one in three homes in France has a sole occupant, yet it can be daunting starting a new life abroad on your own. Let us put your mind at rest and encourage you to take the plunge, on page 26.
3.Do you know your paquerettes from your fumeterre? Any passionate gardener should read our guide to the French terminology for common plant pests, on page 36.
4.Once the haunt of the post-impressionist greats, Provence is an inspiring idyll for prospective buyers. Explore the region through the footsteps of van Gogh, on page 38.
5.With the enduring popularity of French property renovations comes the dreaded world of planning permission. Our expert breaks it down for you on page 44.
6.Once you've decided on a move to France, the first step is to contact estate agents. Read our expert advice on what to expect when dealing with agences immobilières, on page 56.
- 1 Iconic landmarks: The story behind Paris’ Arc de Triomphe
- 2 10 Romantic Hotels In France
- 3 Take a stroll in and around Pornic in Loire-Atlantique
- 4 French Properties: 5 houses with swimming pools for sale in France
- 5 See inside: Escape to the Chateau DIY's Chateau de Lomenie for sale
- 6 Discover the South of France villa from the upcoming Downton Abbey film
- 7 Why Boulogne-sur-Mer makes for a perfect family escape
- 8 Real Life: Canalside life in an idyllic Hérault village
- 9 What’s inside the May 2022 issue of FRANCE Magazine UK?
- 10 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
7.Was there a pivotal moment in your interest in relocating to France? For one couple the idea literally landed on their doorstep, as we discover on page 64.
8.In 2017 France was named the most highly taxed nation in the world, but is this title really as ominous as it sounds? Find out on page 76.
If you want to read and learn more about buying property in France you can buy the August 2019 issue of French Property News here.
Or, you can take out our great subscription offer and get the magazine delivered to your door every month!
On this month's cover: A stunning 18th-century farmhouse for sale in Provence with Home Hunts.