Setting up a food business in France...and 10 other things we learnt in the April 2021 issue of French Property News (plus Living France), out now!
- Credit: Archant
Where are the best French desinations for cheese lovers? How can I afford common property pitfalls? What makes Manche so special? The answers are in the April issue of French Property News, out now!
1. Thinking about setting up a food business in France? Learn about the steps of the process and all the highs and lows from some expats who have done it before, on page 26.
2. It sounds cheesy, but is there any better reason to move to France than the 400-plus varieties of coagulated milk protein? Learn about the cheesiest spots in the land on page 32.
3. We’ve put together some simple steps on avoiding French property pitfalls, with a little help from our social media followers, on page 36.
4. Many people are drawn to the blissful quiet of rural Brittany, but is a remote property definitely right for you? Weigh up the pros and cons on page 40.
5. Get your fix of French interiors on page 44, as we speak to an interior designer who has renovated her Provencal home into a place of beauty.
6. Head in a spin over French planning permissions? Our expert answers some of the most commonly asked questons on p52.
- 1 Escape to the Château: Dick and Angel Strawbridge return to screens for new series
- 2 Film Review: Wes Anderson's The French Dispatch
- 3 5 French property articles you won’t want to miss
- 4 French Property: 9 Vineyards for sale in France for every budget
- 5 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
- 6 Visit The Last Duel's French filming locations
- 7 8 Instagram accounts all French learners should follow
- 8 Bargain beauties: 9 renovated French properties on the market for less than €150,000
- 9 3 key things you need to know about visas for France
- 10 What you need to know about France’s Covid-19 health pass system
7. The pandemic hit hospitality hard, but these B&B owners used the opportunity to work on some new projects. Visit Maison Belmont on page 60.
8. One of the first things to think about when it comes to buying a French house is how you will finance the purchase. A solicitor discusses each option and what they entail, on page 68.
9. Coast and countryside, fresh local produce, a safe environment and affordable property make Manche a popular expat destination. We discover the department, its people and its properties, on page 88.
10. Two popstars have created a soulful sanctuary for themselves in the form of a Loire Valley château where they run creative retreats - find out more on page 99.
11. Catharine Higginson takes a look at the best ways to find reliable artisans in France and how to check their credentials, on page 102.
If you want to read and learn more about buying property and living in France, take out our great subscription offer and get the magazine delivered to your door every month!
On the cover: a fabulous home on the edge of St-Rémy-de-Provence for sale with Home Hunts (price on request, contact email@example.com for details)