15 reasons to buy the May 2018 issue of Living France
- Credit: Archant
The May 2018 issue of Living France is out now! Here are 15 reasons why you should pick up a copy...
1. Discover what it’s like to live in Saône-et-Loire
If you’re keen to make the most of France’s food and wine, this corner of Burgundy could be for you
2. Find out how to reduce household costs in France
Did you know that turning the thermostat down by just one degree could save you €70 a year? Just one of our handy tips for saving money on household costs
3. Meet an expat cruising France’s canals
Find out why Mary-Jane and her husband Michael swapped bricks and mortar in the UK for life on a boat on the French canals
- 1 Escape to the Château: Dick and Angel Strawbridge return to screens for new series
- 2 A Year in Provence with Carol Drinkwater – the new Channel 5 series to enjoy this autumn
- 3 Film Review: Wes Anderson's The French Dispatch
- 4 What you need to know about France’s Covid-19 health pass system
- 5 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
- 6 Fibre optic France: countryside has faster internet access than many cities
- 7 Visit The Last Duel's French filming locations
- 8 Bargain beauties: 9 renovated French properties on the market for less than €150,000
- 9 French Property: 9 Vineyards for sale in France for every budget
- 10 Stargazing in France: 3 International Dark Sky Reserves to visit
4. Get help
In France, higher education is accessible to all and there are various grants, loans and benefits to provide financial support for students. Find out what help is available
5. The best places to buy property and find work
A study has revealed the best places to buy property and get a job in France – find what where they are and what they have to offer
6. See inside this gorgeous culinary school in Uzès
Petra Carter turned a 16th-centruy presbytery into a light and bright cooking school in the market town of Uzès. Find out why and how she did it
7. Wine and dine
Ever wondered how a brasserie differs from a bar, or a café from a bistro? We take a look at the different places to eat and drink in France and what they all offer
8. Celebrate the 2CV
The iconic French car turns 100 this year, and to mark the occasion, we look at why buying the classic car could be a practical solution and sound investment
9. Go green!
From plotting plants on a city centre balcony to how to grow peonies, we’ve got plenty of gardening inspiration
10. See beautiful photos of France
We love this photo sent into us by reader Kathy Hawthorne. See lots more inside this month’s issue!
11. Find out what’s happening in France this month
From a Lego exhibition in a Burgundy château to a food festival in Normandy, there’s so much happening in France this month! Find lots of dates for your diary, as well as the latest news and book reviews.
12. Find a vineyard home
Producing your own French wine is a dream for many who think of moving to France. We bring you six properties to inspire budding winemakers
13. Get to grips with French paperwork
Understanding French paperwork is an important part of buying property in France. We explain the documents you’ll need and the contracts involved
14. Find a home in Saône-et-Loire
From charming farmhouses to stately mansions, Saône-et-Loire offers plenty of choice for country living. Take a look at our pick of properties in the department
15. Get into the festival spirit
There’s a festival for almost everything in France, says our columnist Fiona Flint who is making the most of all the celebrations on her doorstep!
You can buy the May 2018 issue of Living France here
Or, you can take out our great subscription offer and get the magazine delivered to your door every month!