14 reasons to buy the September 2018 issue of Living France
- Credit: Archant
The September 2018 issue of Living France is out now! Here are 14 reasons you should pick up a copy...
1. Discover Calvados
Calvados has a lot to offer, with rolling green landscapes, sweeping sandy beaches and colourful harbours. Get the scoop from residents and agents on this diverse area of Normandy.
2. Advice on finding a doctor
Becky Slack takes a look at the GP shortage in France and how new residents can register with a doctor.
3. Stay up to date with property and currency news
We bring you the latest from the world of French property, look at some remarkable properties that have come on the market, and our currency update looks at how Brexit is affecting the currency market.
- 1 Allo Allo! Brits in France
- 2 Tour de France 2022: 3 new stage hosts announced
- 3 Surprise, surprise! France offers expats a great quality of life
- 4 48 hours in Paris: Unmissable new things to see and do on a short break in the city
- 5 Real Life: Canalside life in an idyllic Hérault village
- 6 3 key things you need to know about visas for France
- 7 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
- 8 Bargain beauties: 9 renovated French properties on the market for less than €150,000
- 9 What you need to know about France’s Covid-19 health pass system
- 10 A Year in Provence with Carol Drinkwater – the new Channel 5 series to enjoy this autumn
4. Get your house-hunting on track
We look at three cities with high-speed rail links and why you might want to live there.
5. Get some gardening inspiration
Open Garden member Sue Lambert tells how she gave her garden a naturalistic feel.
6. Our experts answer your questions
Find out the difference between a French notaire and a British notary, and learn more about French tax.
7. Hear from a maître artisan
When, antique furniture restorer Simon Lorkin moved to Manche he carved out a new niche as a classic car restorer.
8. Learn all about life in a French château
Three expats share how they made the dream of living in a château a reality that works for them.
9. Marvel at the Château d’Orquevaux
When designer and filmmaker, Ziggy Atias, inherited a remarkable château from his parents, he turned it into an artists’ retreat.
10. Meet a couple living the Bohemian life in France
Carole and Richard run La Ferme de Bohème in Mayenne.
11. Maximise your pension
Planning on spending your retirement in France? A currency analyst shares several ways to make your pension payments go further.
12. Travels news
New flight routes and traffic calming measures. What you need to know about travel to and in France.
13. Become a wine connoisseur
Find out the difference between a terrior and a domaine in our guide to understanding and choosing French wine.
14. Follow our diary of a move to France
In the latest instalment, Fiona Flint talks about what life is like with a baby in France.
What are you waiting for? You can buy the September 2018 issue of Living France here.
Or, you can take out our great subscription offer and get the magazine delivered to your door every month!