Here are 12 reasons why you should pick up the latest issue of FRANCE Magazine…
1. Saddle up for France’s latest long-distance cycle trail
Feeling inspired by the Tour de France? We took to our bikes – albeit at a more leisurely pace – to follow the River Meuse as it meanders through eastern France.
2. Discover how a world-famous aquarium is helping conservation efforts
We dived in at the deep end with a trip to Nausicaá in Bolougne-sur-Mer, where the aquarium’s Head of Aquariology told us how it hopes to raise awareness of the fragile marine environment with its ambitious new extension. It is now home to the largest aquarium tank in Europe, taking the number of animals on display up to a whopping 58,000.
3. Roll up your sleeves with a bread-making masterclass
If you’re a fan of all things dough, you knead to read this. We learnt how to make everything from fougasse to focaccia at a cookery school.
4. Tee off at the 2018 Ryder Cup Venue
We headed to the Hexagon’s golfing HQ near Versailles for a taste of what the pros can expect next month.
5. Explore the fishing port of Saint-Jean-de-Luz on foot
Find out why we were enchanted by the sensory delights of this Basque town’s food market. Keep an eye out for the poissonnerie!
6. Meet the famous French women who’ve cemented their place in history
From Joan of Arc to Coco Chanel, French women have made strides in every field imaginable. Be inspired by their incredible achievements.
7. Paws for thought in these dog-friendly lodgings
We’ve rounded up the best dog-friendly destinations across France, from lakeside hotels to alpine chalets. There’s no excuse to leave Rover at home on your next trip.
8. Sample the best of Arras’ restaurants
This northern French town is paradise for carnivores – find the best place to get your meat fix.
9. Get spicy with our gewürztraminer guide
They say you’ll always remember where you had your first taste of this palate-tingling wine.
10. Learn about the history of the accordion
Accordion music echoing through the streets is often the soundtrack of a visit across the channel. Find out how the instrument has re-established itself as a quintessential French icon.
11. Meet film director Xavier Giannoli
The renowned filmmaker tells us about his crisis of faith that inspired his latest film, The Apparition.
12. Improve your French
Make like a local and brush up on your language skills with our guides and quizzes.
So what are you waiting for? The September 2018 issue of FRANCE Magazine is now on sale – order your copy now.
Or take advantage of our great subscription offers and get FRANCE Magazine delivered straight to your door every month!