12 reasons to buy the October 2017 issue of Living France!
- Credit: Archant
The October 2017 issue of Living France is out now. Here are 12 reasons why you should pick up a copy...
1. Discover what it’s like to live in Aveyron
With charming villages and glorious unspoilt countryside, Aveyron offers an idyllic escape from the pressures of modern-day life.
2. Find out about fostering in France
We talk to Seattle-born Natalie Trent who tells us about her experience fostering children in Aude and how to go about it.
3. Learn about the French high street
From the quintessential boulangerie to the bar-tabac and the cordonnerie, France’s independent shops play an essential part in daily life.
- 1 48 hours in Paris: Unmissable new things to see and do on a short break in the city
- 2 The Madame Blanc Mysteries: former Coronation Street star swaps Manchester for France
- 3 Surprise, surprise! France offers expats a great quality of life
- 4 Real Life: Canalside life in an idyllic Hérault village
- 5 What you need to know about France’s Covid-19 health pass system
- 6 Tour de France 2022: 3 new stage hosts announced
- 7 Bargain beauties: 9 renovated French properties on the market for less than €150,000
- 8 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
- 9 3 key things you need to know about visas for France
- 10 Allo Allo! Brits in France
4. Meet our new columnist
In the first of our new diary series, Scottish-born Fiona Flint reveals why she moved to Haute-Garonne and shares her tips for searching for a French property.
5. Read about village life
We take a look at the top five French villages as voted for by viewers of French TV programme Le village preféfé des Français and find that they’re all worthy winners.
6. Find out about the French transport system
Whether you’re travelling by road or rail, bus or bicycle, France has some of the best transport links in Europe. We take a look at the transport system and its key facts.
7. See inside this gorgeous home in Burgundy
Dennis Sherman and Eleanor Garvin run food and wine tours from their gorgeous home outside Beaune. Living France stayed for a weekend of wining and dining…
8. Learn about French law
What do you need to know about the legal process when buying a home in France? Lawyer Matthew Cameron explains how the purchase process differs from the UK.
9. Find out what’s happening this month in France
From pepper festivals to an all-night-long art festival in Paris, October in France is jam-packed with events! We help you plan your calendar.
10. Beautiful pictures of France
From sunflower fields in Vienne to cute French villages, we love pictures sent into us from our readers! Have a look at the latest in our October issue!
11. Read about an expat artist
Illustrator Perry Taylor is continually inspired by his life in Gascony. He tells us about the artistic life in Gers, where he lives with his wife and chickens.
12. Find your dream home in France
This month: fairy-tale properties in Aveyron (with very affordable price tags) and homes with beautiful gardens that are for sale across the country.
You can buy the October issue of Living France here
Or you can take out our great subscription offer and get the magazine delivered to your door every month!