Where is the best place for me to buy a ski property this season?
- Credit: Archant
A new ten-point cocher les cases (tick the boxes) checklist from MGM French Properties will help you choose the right location for you
First decide on the country – and if it is France, where the Alps are close enough for weekend ski breaks – the choice has just become much easier thanks to a new ten-point cocher les cases (tick the boxes) checklist.
Produced by MGM French Properties, the French Alpine developer which has been building and supplying ski apartments to Britons for more than half a century, it aims to help individual buyers and families to define their priorities and make the right choice much easier.
These are the ten points to consider:
ACCESS: Would I prefer to drive less or more than 90 minutes from the airport nearest to the ski resort, or would I want to be sure of good public transport links?
STYLE: Does a purpose-built ski resort appeal to me or would I rather buy in an authentic Alpine village?
- 1 Tour de France 2022: 3 new stage hosts announced
- 2 What you need to know about France’s Covid-19 health pass system
- 3 Escape to the Château: Dick and Angel Strawbridge return to screens for new series
- 4 French Property: 9 Vineyards for sale in France for every budget
- 5 A Year in Provence with Carol Drinkwater – the new Channel 5 series to enjoy this autumn
- 6 8 Instagram accounts all French learners should follow
- 7 Take a journey through France with the FRANCE Calendar 2022
- 8 Visit The Last Duel's French filming locations
- 9 Bargain beauties: 9 renovated French properties on the market for less than €150,000
- 10 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
SKIING: Do I want a ski-in/ski-out property or is it more important to be close to the shops and facilities of a town or village?
SLOPES: Do I want easy access to daring black runs, gentler slopes better suited to my young family, or both?
ALTITUDE: Is it important that I stay in a high altitude location with ‘guaranteed’ snow during the season or, being an older person, would I feel more comfortable at a lower altitude?
FUN: Do I want to enjoy lots of other winter sports activities, or will I just ski?
SUMMER: If I stay in the summer, will I want good hiking, biking or climbing on the doorstep, or fishing, golf, tennis or paragliding within easy reach?
CHILDREN: Will I require childcare and activities for young children or local facilities geared to the needs of teenagers?
EVENINGS: Would I like a lively après ski scene on the doorstep and/or easy access to attractive bars and restaurants?
BUDGET: What I can I afford to spend on buying a property?
Armed with these criteria you can give a very specific brief on your ideal ski property, helping the firm to suggest which ones match your requirements.
MGM’s UK office in London’s West End has properties available to buy in around 20 French ski resorts at prices ranging from €190,000 to more than €4.5 million. For details call 0207 4940706, email email@example.com or visit www.mgmfrenchproperties.com