Where is the best place for me to buy a ski property this season?
- Credit: Archant
A new ten-point cocher les cases (tick the boxes) checklist from MGM French Properties will help you choose the right location for you
First decide on the country – and if it is France, where the Alps are close enough for weekend ski breaks – the choice has just become much easier thanks to a new ten-point cocher les cases (tick the boxes) checklist.
Produced by MGM French Properties, the French Alpine developer which has been building and supplying ski apartments to Britons for more than half a century, it aims to help individual buyers and families to define their priorities and make the right choice much easier.
These are the ten points to consider:
ACCESS: Would I prefer to drive less or more than 90 minutes from the airport nearest to the ski resort, or would I want to be sure of good public transport links?
STYLE: Does a purpose-built ski resort appeal to me or would I rather buy in an authentic Alpine village?
- 1 Iconic landmarks: The story behind Paris’ Arc de Triomphe
- 2 10 Romantic Hotels In France
- 3 Take a stroll in and around Pornic in Loire-Atlantique
- 4 French Properties: 5 houses with swimming pools for sale in France
- 5 See inside: Escape to the Chateau DIY's Chateau de Lomenie for sale
- 6 Discover the South of France villa from the upcoming Downton Abbey film
- 7 Why Boulogne-sur-Mer makes for a perfect family escape
- 8 Real Life: Canalside life in an idyllic Hérault village
- 9 What’s inside the May 2022 issue of FRANCE Magazine UK?
- 10 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
SKIING: Do I want a ski-in/ski-out property or is it more important to be close to the shops and facilities of a town or village?
SLOPES: Do I want easy access to daring black runs, gentler slopes better suited to my young family, or both?
ALTITUDE: Is it important that I stay in a high altitude location with ‘guaranteed’ snow during the season or, being an older person, would I feel more comfortable at a lower altitude?
FUN: Do I want to enjoy lots of other winter sports activities, or will I just ski?
SUMMER: If I stay in the summer, will I want good hiking, biking or climbing on the doorstep, or fishing, golf, tennis or paragliding within easy reach?
CHILDREN: Will I require childcare and activities for young children or local facilities geared to the needs of teenagers?
EVENINGS: Would I like a lively après ski scene on the doorstep and/or easy access to attractive bars and restaurants?
BUDGET: What I can I afford to spend on buying a property?
Armed with these criteria you can give a very specific brief on your ideal ski property, helping the firm to suggest which ones match your requirements.
MGM’s UK office in London’s West End has properties available to buy in around 20 French ski resorts at prices ranging from €190,000 to more than €4.5 million. For details call 0207 4940706, email [email protected] or visit www.mgmfrenchproperties.com