Valentine’s Day Gift Guide: French-themed presents they will love
- Credit: Archant
Treat your Francophile other half to one of these delicious and thoughtful gifts on 14 February
With Valentine's Day around the corner, we've handpicked our favourite French-themed gifts and experiences which are sure to go down a treat.
Ski Cupid Service
Ski Beat is laying on several romantic gestures for guests on Valentine's Day this year. If you're planning a proposal, chalet hosts can freeze a ring in a cube of ice or conceal it in a cake, show guests where to carve a message in the snow and set up candles and champagne. Chalet Panda in La Tania, France has a hot tub on the balcony with mountain views while Chalet Jennifer, also in La Tania, abounds with hearts.
Prices from £449 per person for a week's self-drive ski holiday, skibeat.co.uk
Le Creuset Heart-shaped Casserole Dish
If your partner loves cooking, this stylish enamelled cast iron dish will bring a smile every time they pop it on the stove top. It is made in France by Le Creuset and cooks just enough for two people. Currently Priced at £112, amazon.co.uk
Raspberry Marc de Champagne Milk Chocolate Truffles
A stylish box of chocolates never disappoints. This pretty box from John Lewis & Partners contains nine milk chocolate shells filled with raspberry and Marc de Champagne ganache, dusted in shimmering pink icing sugar. £8, johnlewis.com
Napoleon Bee Cushion
If interiors is more their thing, make a statement with this bold Napoleon bee cushion from Timorous Beasties which features a black and pale gold bee on crimson velvet. Napoleon Bonaparte used the honey bee as a symbol of the prestige of his empire and it is sure to add a touch of glamour to their favourite chair. £125, timorousbeasties.com
- 1 What you need to know about France’s Covid-19 health pass system
- 2 7 reasons to live in Tarn-et-Garonne
- 3 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
- 4 Our next free webinar on French property and living in France is on 6 October
- 5 James Bond: How France shaped 007’s adventures
- 6 French Property News October book competition: Win a copy of Presidential Residences in France by Adrien Goetz
- 7 What’s the cheapest way to pass on a French property to our children while we’re still alive?
- 8 Stephen Clarke: Lost in translation?
- 9 France at Home: 7 websites that bring France to the UK
- 10 Heart of town: Lovely French properties for sale in popular town centre locations
For a sweet tooth, Hotel Chocolat has branched out with its own take on macarons with four delicious flavours to choose from. Their raspberry macarons are made from a light raspberry whip between two caramel milk discs or try the passion fruit version sandwiched with creamy white chocolate. £8.50, hotelchocolat.com
Tour de France Cufflinks
Passionate cyclists can literally wear their heart on their sleeve with these silver cufflinks with a mountain and bike motif by Sophie Hutchinson Designs. They come in a smart, dark grey cufflink box and fit all standard shirt cuffs. £19.99, amazon.co.uk/handmade
You might also like