Recipe: Molten Chocolate Cakes
- Credit: Archant
These delicious, warm cakes from Le Cordon Bleu Chocolate Bible are surprisingly easy to make
150g dark chocolate
135g caster sugar
135g soft unsalted butter
- 1 Escape to the Château: Dick and Angel Strawbridge return to screens for new series
- 2 5 French property articles you won’t want to miss
- 3 French Property: 9 Vineyards for sale in France for every budget
- 4 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
- 5 Film Review: Wes Anderson's The French Dispatch
- 6 Visit The Last Duel's French filming locations
- 7 8 Instagram accounts all French learners should follow
- 8 3 key things you need to know about visas for France
- 9 Bargain beauties: 9 renovated French properties on the market for less than €150,000
- 10 Stargazing in France: 3 International Dark Sky Reserves to visit
20g potato starch
6 squares dark chocolate
Preheat the oven to 210°C (410°F).
Butter and flour six individual foil cupcake cases (5x4cm).
Chop the chocolate and melt over a bain-marie.
Put the eggs and sugar in a bowl over a bain-marie, whisk until the mixture is pale and leaves a thick ribbon trail: it should flow from the whisk without the ribbon breaking. Remove from the bain-marie and whisk the mixture with an electric whisk on high speed until it cools.
Mix the butter with the melted chocolate and add to the mixture. Gently fold in the flour and potato starch.
Fill the cupcake cases halfway, place a square of dark chocolate in the middle, then finish filling the cases.
Bake for five or six minutes. Leave to cool for five minutes before removing from the cupcake cases.
Recipe from Le Cordon Bleu Chocolate Bible (£35, Grub Street).
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________You might also like