Recipe: Molten Chocolate Cakes
- Credit: Archant
These delicious, warm cakes from Le Cordon Bleu Chocolate Bible are surprisingly easy to make
150g dark chocolate
135g caster sugar
135g soft unsalted butter
- 1 What you need to know about France’s Covid-19 health pass system
- 2 7 reasons to live in Tarn-et-Garonne
- 3 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
- 4 James Bond: How France shaped 007’s adventures
- 5 French Property News October book competition: Win a copy of Presidential Residences in France by Adrien Goetz
- 6 Our next free webinar on French property and living in France is on 6 October
- 7 Stephen Clarke: Lost in translation?
- 8 Heart of town: Lovely French properties for sale in popular town centre locations
- 9 What’s the cheapest way to pass on a French property to our children while we’re still alive?
- 10 France at Home: 7 websites that bring France to the UK
20g potato starch
6 squares dark chocolate
Preheat the oven to 210°C (410°F).
Butter and flour six individual foil cupcake cases (5x4cm).
Chop the chocolate and melt over a bain-marie.
Put the eggs and sugar in a bowl over a bain-marie, whisk until the mixture is pale and leaves a thick ribbon trail: it should flow from the whisk without the ribbon breaking. Remove from the bain-marie and whisk the mixture with an electric whisk on high speed until it cools.
Mix the butter with the melted chocolate and add to the mixture. Gently fold in the flour and potato starch.
Fill the cupcake cases halfway, place a square of dark chocolate in the middle, then finish filling the cases.
Bake for five or six minutes. Leave to cool for five minutes before removing from the cupcake cases.
Recipe from Le Cordon Bleu Chocolate Bible (£35, Grub Street).
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________You might also like