Escape to the Château: Dick and Angel inspire families to make do and mend
- Credit: Archant
Dick and Angel Strawbridge are back on our screens with a new DIY series tackling dream projects at their château in France and offering advice to others
Inventive couple Dick and Angel Strawbridge are returning to Channel 4 with a new four-part DIY and homecraft series – Escape to the Château: Make Do & Mend.
The new show aims to help and inspire homeowners to solve make do and mend dilemmas with ‘how to’ advice, as well as sharing the couple’s own innovative tips and tricks.
Filmed by the Strawbridge family at their fairytale château in Mayenne, Dick and Angel teamed up with families from across the UK looking for practical advice and inspiration for a home project of their own.
Along with their children Arthur and Dorothy, the couple also tackle their own dream projects ending with a ‘big reveal’, and try out new pastimes to keep their family entertained.
The series will be filled with Dick and Angel’s ingenious ideas which they have become well-known for on their incredibly popular show Escape to the Château when they embark on various projects to bring their French château back to life. The couple hope to inspire more people to fall back in love with everyday objects and tackle those projects they’ve always wanted to do.
Dick and Angel Strawbridge say: “Between the pair of us we have nearly a century’s worth of ‘make do and mend’ experience and so we are really excited to share our knowledge and passion with families across the UK.
- 1 48 hours in Paris: Unmissable new things to see and do on a short break in the city
- 2 The Madame Blanc Mysteries: former Coronation Street star swaps Manchester for France
- 3 Surprise, surprise! France offers expats a great quality of life
- 4 Real Life: Canalside life in an idyllic Hérault village
- 5 Allo Allo! Brits in France
- 6 What you need to know about France’s Covid-19 health pass system
- 7 Tour de France 2022: 3 new stage hosts announced
- 8 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
- 9 Bargain beauties: 9 renovated French properties on the market for less than €150,000
- 10 3 key things you need to know about visas for France
“Finding ourselves with more time at home is a fantastic opportunity to fix those items that have been waiting for years, or to embark on a creative project. Escape to the Château: Make Do & Mend is about giving something you’ve always wanted to do a go, and bringing some happiness and joy into your home.”
Escape to the Château: Make Do & Mend is a co-production between Chateau Television and Two Rivers Media.
The first episode will air on Thursday 30 July at 8pm on Channel 4. channel4.com
You might also like