Delicious French food arrives in the UK
- Credit: Archant
One of France’s favourite brands is now available to buy at Marks and Spencer
If you’ve been craving an authentic tarte tatin, galette or crêpe since your last trip to France you can now pick one up by simply popping to your nearest M&S Food.
The high street retailer has announced it will be stocking Picard, France’s famous gourmet frozen food brand, which has around 1,000 outlets across the Channel.
Since coronavirus enforced a lockdown in the UK earlier this year, M&S has seen its frozen food sales soar, up 85% on last year, and is now focused on growing its frozen food ranges, including the latest collaboration with Picard. The popular French brand was founded in 1906 and has been the go-to shop for time-pressed families in France since the 1970s.
The new M&S collection features 25 specifically selected iconic French meals, sides, canapés, desserts and bakery treats. They include ham and cheese galettes, made in Brittany, mini croque-monsieur, chicken Cordon Bleu, French toast, brioche buns, crêpes, baguettes and a raspberry macaron dessert. April Preston, M&S director of product development, says: “This range is the crème de la crème of French food, and for me, the tarte tatin is the real superstar.
“We’ve worked closely with Picard to select an edited range of their iconic French products based on what we know our customers love.”
The range of 25 products will be available at 160 M&S food stores across the UK.
- 1 Bargain Properties: 15 French houses on the market for under €50,000
- 2 The Madame Blanc Mysteries: former Coronation Street star swaps Manchester for France
- 3 Allo Allo! Brits in France
- 4 Surprise, surprise! France offers expats a great quality of life
- 5 What you need to know about France’s Covid-19 health pass system
- 6 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
- 7 48 hours in Paris: Unmissable new things to see and do on a short break in the city
- 8 3 key things you need to know about visas for France
- 9 Real Life: Canalside life in an idyllic Hérault village
- 10 Visit The Last Duel's French filming locations
You might also like