It’s that time of year – whether you’re searching for the perfect gift for your loved one, or looking for inspiration on how you can treat yourself this festive season, we’ve hand-picked five of our favourite French gifts you can order online.
From a generous cheese hamper to a lavender soap set, there’s something for every Francophile in this list…
p.s. don’t forget to pair that perfect gift with a lovely French greeting card!
Provence Lavender Soap Gift Set – Chateau du Savon
Made with lavender essential oils and enriched with organically farmed shea butter, this set of soaps is perfect for a pamper session. Thanks to their natural and sustainable paraben-free ingredients, the soaps are kind on your skin and a great example of the iconic Savon de Marseille.
Lavender not only smells beautiful but it also has anti-inflammatory, antifungal and detoxifying benefits, so coupled with the Egyptian cotton facecloth included in the set, they can do wonders to your skincare regime.
It will arrive beautifully-packaged as a giftset of seven items, and as the soaps are made in Marseille by an artisan producer it’s a special and personal gift for your loved ones.
Christmas Cognac – Château de Montifaud
For any brandy lovers in your family or friend group, this Christmas Edition Cognac by Château Montifaud is the perfect gift. It’s a limited edition, well-balanced cognac that is a beautiful blend aged in oak barrels, with plum, dried fruit and spicy notes that remind us of this festive period.
Specially created for Christmas, the stylish box has a gorgeous illustration of the château, and you can imagine a recipients joy as they unbox this limited edition Cognac which was bottled on the estate.
A French Magazine Subscription
It’s the ultimate gift for Francophiles: one of your favourite magazines about France delivered straight to your door every month. There’s France Today magazine, your ultimate French travel companion, and French Property News, the longest-established UK guide to buying property in France. Journey through France with every page…
So why not gift a subscription to the Anglophone world’s go-to guides for travelling to or buying property in France?
If you’re looking for a food magazine, there’s also Taste of France
Le Grand Fromage Hamper – The Fine Cheese Company
The cheese board is often the star of the show at Christmas, and who doesn’t love a carefully curated hamper of savoury goodness at this time of year? This hamper has five different cheeses that are sure to impress, from a nutty goats cheese to a sweet Alpine cheese that will pair nicely with a good red wine.
- ROQUEFORT CARLES (215g) A blue cheese produced in south-western France by an artisan with Lacaune sheep milk and matured in the Roquefort caves. Perfect paired with fruits and nuts – figs or hazelnuts.
- MOTHAIS SUR FEUILLE (200g) Wrapped in a chestnut leaf, this goats’ cheese is nutty and complex. It’s a historic cheese that Monsieur Georgelet has helped to save from extinction.
- BEAUFORT D’ETÉ (250g) Pliable and slightly crystallised with notes of honey, pineapple and butter, this centuries-old artisan Alpine cheese from Affineur Paccard pairs nicely with a bottle of Bordeaux.
- TEMPLIER (180g) A delicate, buttery cheese, with a gooey texture, it’s marked with a cross, in reference to the Knights Templar who were active in the Languedoc area. Typically made from goats’ milk, the use of cows’ milk here is a creative twist.
- TROU DU CRU (60g) A washed rind cheese produced in the Bourgogne region, it’s washed in the local Marc de Bourgogne eau-de-vie. It possesses all the pungent delights of an Époisses, but can easily be consumed in one sitting.
Make the most of the free delivery to get these tasty cheeses delivered straight to you or your loved one’s home this Christmas.
Madame Valerie Gateau – Patisserie Valerie
This indulgent chocolate cake is sure to be the star of any yuletide spread this Christmas. It’s filled with all of the best flavours, from salted caramel cream, crisp honeycomb pieces and chocolate ganache.
If you have a sweet tooth, the Madame Valerie Gateau will satisfy your cravings and it’s the perfect Christmas dinner dessert. Impress your friends and family by turning up with this decadent Gateau on the big day…
France Calendar 2023
Make 2023 a France-filled year, whether you’re able to visit or not, as the France Calendar 2023 brings this beautiful country to your own home. It’s a fantastic year-long reminder of the France you and your loved ones love, giving you the opportunity to plan your year while admiring these glossy photographs.