5 easy steps to pour the perfect glass of champagne
- Credit: Archant
Serving champagne at your next dinner party? Emmanual Landré, general manager at Le Gavroche explains how to pour the perfect glass of champagne in 5 easy steps
1. To begin with, the champagne that you are serving must be one that you enjoy yourself. My personal favourite is Laurent Perrier Grand Siècle.
2. Make sure the bottle is well chilled and has not been shaken.
3. Then twist the cork, not the bottle, to release the gas slowly to prevent any splashing.
4. Hold the bottle very firmly at the bottom, clasping your fingers around the dent underneath for a strong grip and hold it at a 45° angle.
5. Tilt your champagne glass to a 45° angle towards the bottle and pour slowly to the top, moving the glass upwards as the champagne is poured. I always prefer to use a white-wine glass, rather than a champagne flute. It makes a real difference to the flavour, as it helps the champagne to breathe.
Et voilà! The perfect glass of champagne!
- 1 Surprise, surprise! France offers expats a great quality of life
- 2 Allo Allo! Brits in France
- 3 Real Life: Canalside life in an idyllic Hérault village
- 4 Tour de France 2022: 3 new stage hosts announced
- 5 48 hours in Paris: Unmissable new things to see and do on a short break in the city
- 6 3 key things you need to know about visas for France
- 7 Bargain beauties: 9 renovated French properties on the market for less than €150,000
- 8 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
- 9 What you need to know about France’s Covid-19 health pass system
- 10 Visit The Last Duel's French filming locations