8 things we found out in the December 2018 issue of French Property News
- Credit: Archant
The December 2018 issue of French Property is now on sale. Here are a few snippets we learnt while putting the magazine together…
1. The French celebrate Christmas quite differently
A big party on the 24th that ends early the next day, no stockings, no crackers, snails and an evil alter ego to Father Christmas for naughty children…how do the French celebrate Christmas?! Find out p 26.
2. France has five different climactic zones
And they all have very different winters. If you love a place in the summer, make sure you check what it’s like in the winter before signing on the dotted line, as we investigated p36.
3. Grasse is a perfect place to invest in
The French Riviera’s perfume capital is undergoing a rejuvenation and is proving to be a great place to buy property – whatever your needs. See more p40
- 1 Iconic landmarks: The story behind Paris’ Arc de Triomphe
- 2 10 Romantic Hotels In France
- 3 Take a stroll in and around Pornic in Loire-Atlantique
- 4 French Properties: 5 houses with swimming pools for sale in France
- 5 See inside: Escape to the Chateau DIY's Chateau de Lomenie for sale
- 6 Discover the South of France villa from the upcoming Downton Abbey film
- 7 Why Boulogne-sur-Mer makes for a perfect family escape
- 8 Real Life: Canalside life in an idyllic Hérault village
- 9 What’s inside the May 2022 issue of FRANCE Magazine UK?
- 10 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
4. If you’re buying a religious building to convert, you must make sure it is deconsecrated
Converted properties make dreamy homes but avoid the pitfalls with our expert insight on p42.
5. Corporate lettings are a good solution for bypassing the holiday rental ceiling
As you can only rent out apartments via Airbnb for a maximum of 120 days in France, working with a corporate lettings agency to rent out your property to professionals could be a solution, as is explained on p72.
6. Joan of Arc first met, yet uncrowned, Charles when she was just 17
The fascinating story of the maid of Orléans is still shrouded in mystery but you can certainly go househunting in her footsteps, see where on p48
7. Did you know your house could be fraudulently sold or mortgaged?
Don’t worry though, there are simple steps to avoid any problems. Read the article by a counter fraud expert on p76.
8. It’s possible to grow your own Christmas feast in France!
Well, almost all of it. Find out how one expat made a Christmas dinner almost entirely from scratch on p64.
What to know more about French property? Buy the November 2018 issue of French Property News now!Or you can take advantage of a great subscription offer and receive the magazine every month.