Recipe: Florentin biscuits
These chewy, luxurious biscuits are the perfect winter treat, says Rosa Jackson
70g/2½oz flaked almonds
70g/2½oz unsalted raw peanuts or pistachios
400g/15oz condensed milk
60g/2oz glacé cherries
60g/2oz dried cranberries
- 1 Tour de France 2022: 3 new stage hosts announced
- 2 What you need to know about France’s Covid-19 health pass system
- 3 Fibre optic France: countryside has faster internet access than many cities
- 4 Escape to the Château: Dick and Angel Strawbridge return to screens for new series
- 5 A Year in Provence with Carol Drinkwater – the new Channel 5 series to enjoy this autumn
- 6 French Property: 9 Vineyards for sale in France for every budget
- 7 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
- 8 Visit The Last Duel's French filming locations
- 9 8 Instagram accounts all French learners should follow
- 10 3 key things you need to know about visas for France
30g/1oz candied orange peel, diced
30g/1oz crystallised ginger, diced
250g/9¼oz excellent quality dark chocolate
1. Preheat the oven to 150°C/300°F/gas mark 2. Spread the almonds and peanuts or pistachios on a baking tray and roast for 15 minutes, until pale golden.
2. Lightly crush the nuts and cornflakes, and combine them in a bowl with the remaining ingredients (apart from the chocolate). Raise the oven temperature to 180°C/350°F/gas mark 4.
3. Cover two baking sheets with parchment paper. Drop small spoonfuls of the mixture on to the parchment paper and spread with your fingers to make 5cm rounds, or use moulds or tart tins to ensure an even shape. If the Florentins are free form, allow 3cm between each round.
4. Bake the Florentins for 12 to 15 minutes, until deep golden. Set aside on a rack to cool.
5. Melt the chocolate over a low heat in a medium saucepan or in a bain-marie, and dip one side of each cooled biscuit in the chocolate. Return to the rack, chocolate side up, to set. If you like, use the tips of a fork to create a wavy pattern in the chocolate. Store in the refrigerator.
More French recipes: