Learn about the wines of Occitanie at an online wine school
- Credit: Archant
Travel to Occitanie via YouTube to learn more about the region’s wines from the comfort of your own home – and be in with the chance to win a bottle
A new online wine school has launched with a series of free videos on YouTube. ‘An insight into the wines of Occitanie’ is a series of 11 videos that will be shown on the Occitanie Wine School channel created by the Bureau de la Région Occitanie. Whether you’re a wine enthusiast who has missed being able to enjoy un verre de vin in France this year or an experienced sommelier keen to refresh your knowledge, the short videos cover the essential facts about the diverse wines of Occitanie, from soil and climate to history and tasting notes.
The series of 11 videos begins on 3 November when the first two episodes will be released, with the remaining nine episodes released every Tuesday until mid-January 2021. Hosted by Matthew Stubbs, a Master of Wines who set up his own wine school near Carcassonne, each video is just 10 minutes long and offers a bitesize masterclass on an individual appellation, from Limoux to Picpoul de Pinet to Cahors and Pays d’Oc to name but a few, and ends with suggestions for wines to try.
“Occitanie is like the wine world condensed into one region,” says Matthew. “Within a two-hour drive you will find every style of wine in one place from a multitude of terroirs, grape varieties and over 20,000 individual growers and producers. It is a never-ending source of fascination, interest and excitement and it was an absolute pleasure to present a personal insight into some of the major areas in this region.”
You can start the series at any time and with any episode, but those who follow the series as each video is released will have the chance to win a bottle of wine at the end of each episode after answering a short questionnaire.
You might also like....
- 1 3 key things you need to know about visas for France
- 2 48 hours in Paris: Unmissable new things to see and do on a short break in the city
- 3 Real Life: Canalside life in an idyllic Hérault village
- 4 8 Instagram accounts all French learners should follow
- 5 Tour de France 2022: 3 new stage hosts announced
- 6 Allo Allo! Brits in France
- 7 Bargain beauties: 9 renovated French properties on the market for less than €150,000
- 8 What you need to know about France’s Covid-19 health pass system
- 9 The Madame Blanc Mysteries: former Coronation Street star swaps Manchester for France
- 10 Can I disinherit my children?