Pancake Day recipe: Le Deli Robuchon’s delicious crêpes
- Credit: Le Deli Robuchon
With Shrove Tuesday fast approaching, you can celebrate in French style at Le Deli Robuchon in London’s Mayfair. The delicatessen and eatery will be serving up French crêpes every day until 6 March, with shoppers able to eat in or have their sweet treat to go. The tasty toppings menu includes Maison Perrotte salted caramel and Sabaton chestnut jam to give your pancake some pizzazz.
If you want to replicate them at home, Le Deli Robuchon’s head chef Dario Avenca has shared his tasty crêpe recipe with us. Bon appétit!
1 litre whole milk
500g flour T55
250g caster sugar
1 vanilla pod
125g hazelnut butter
60g vegetable oil
To start, grate the vanilla pod into the milk. Gently cook the butter until it gets a light brown colour and begin to strain it.
Heat the milk until lukewarm and incorporate hazelnut butter. In a mixing bowl, whisk the flour, eggs, sugar, salt and oil. Once mixed, slowly pour in the heated milk and hazelnut butter, and keep stirring until you get a smooth mixture. Rest your mixture for a minimum of one hour before use. Add water to create your perfect consistency. Once rested, cook in a frying pan.
- 1 Bargain Properties: 15 French houses on the market for under €50,000
- 2 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
- 3 Discover the South of France villa from the upcoming Downton Abbey film
- 4 Where are the cheapest places to buy a property in France?
- 5 French château: Moving to the ‘edge of the world’ to run an award-winning luxury guesthouse
- 6 Lakeside life: 8 wonderful houses with a private lake for sale in France
- 7 Scrapping of post-Brexit rule is "fantastic news" for British owners of French homes
- 8 12 houses for sale in France that are cheaper than a new family car
- 9 Getting a French pet passport is harder as Brexit rules enforced
- 10 14 French house name ideas
Serve with your favourite toppings!