Winter has arrived in France
- Credit: Archant
From winter walks with a cup of chocolat chaud to historic buildings all lit up in fairy lights, winter in France is a magical time of year. Just take a look at these beautiful photos to see for yourself
What better excuse than a cold snap to indulge in a pot of bubbling fondue?
Winter in France means that a cup of something warming is permanently attached to our hands… preferably a cup of chocolat chaud from Angelina
Cloaked in a fresh dusting of snow, Alpine towns and villages are like a scene from a snow globe
- 1 Want to invest in a summer holiday let in France? Consider a cheap ski resort
- 2 The Madame Blanc Mysteries: former Coronation Street star swaps Manchester for France
- 3 How to find a dream home in France without leaving your sofa
- 4 Guide to social etiquette in France
- 5 5 ways to integrate into your new community in France
- 6 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
- 7 5 festive French properties: Cute Cottages for sale in France
- 8 You can soon visit a replica of the world’s only prehistoric underwater cave
- 9 Allo Allo! Brits in France
- 10 Bargain beauties: 9 renovated French properties on the market for less than €150,000
The winter can get a bit wet and wild, but what better way to blow the cobwebs off and then sit inside all cosy as the wind howls around outside!
You’ll always find community spirit alive and well at little village get-togethers, like this one in Rochefort-en-Terre
The summer tourists are long gone so you can enjoy popular spots, such as towns along the Côte d’Azur, without the crowds
Winter sunsets are so beautiful...
We love Paris all year round, but festooned in fairy lights, we love it even more!
Don’t forget to wrap up warm
Winter in France is the perfect place to wind down...
...or take to the slopes for a spot of snowboarding, if you prefer
Like this? You might enjoy: