Winter has arrived in France
- Credit: Archant
From winter walks with a cup of chocolat chaud to historic buildings all lit up in fairy lights, winter in France is a magical time of year. Just take a look at these beautiful photos to see for yourself
What better excuse than a cold snap to indulge in a pot of bubbling fondue?
Winter in France means that a cup of something warming is permanently attached to our hands… preferably a cup of chocolat chaud from Angelina
Cloaked in a fresh dusting of snow, Alpine towns and villages are like a scene from a snow globe
- 1 Allo Allo! Brits in France
- 2 48 hours in Paris: Unmissable new things to see and do on a short break in the city
- 3 Tour de France 2022: 3 new stage hosts announced
- 4 Real Life: Canalside life in an idyllic Hérault village
- 5 3 key things you need to know about visas for France
- 6 Surprise, surprise! France offers expats a great quality of life
- 7 8 Instagram accounts all French learners should follow
- 8 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
- 9 What you need to know about France’s Covid-19 health pass system
- 10 A Year in Provence with Carol Drinkwater – the new Channel 5 series to enjoy this autumn
The winter can get a bit wet and wild, but what better way to blow the cobwebs off and then sit inside all cosy as the wind howls around outside!
You’ll always find community spirit alive and well at little village get-togethers, like this one in Rochefort-en-Terre
The summer tourists are long gone so you can enjoy popular spots, such as towns along the Côte d’Azur, without the crowds
Winter sunsets are so beautiful...
We love Paris all year round, but festooned in fairy lights, we love it even more!
Don’t forget to wrap up warm
Winter in France is the perfect place to wind down...
...or take to the slopes for a spot of snowboarding, if you prefer
Like this? You might enjoy: