Summer getaways with Le Boat
Advertorial feature for FRANCE Magazine
As Europe’s No. 1 boating holiday company, our 40+ years of know-how ensures that you’re in good hands with Le Boat. All of our regions in France offer great local food and wine to discover and beautiful waterside scenery to view and explore. It may be difficult to choose a region, but you can’t go wrong!
Le Boat isn’t exclusive to France. The company offers trip all across Europe, including adventures in Italy, Ireland, England, Scotland, Holland, Belgium and Germany. Once you pick the country you are interested in visiting, there are several different trips in each area available. Whether you want to see the traditional Dutch windmills in Holland, shop for a kilt in Scotland or see medieval castles in Germany, Le Boat can get you with in a boat ride.
Our most popular trip is through the Canal du Midi, which was built by Pierre-Paul Riquet in the 17th century and is an amazing feat of engineering. Linking the Atlantic with the Mediterranean, it takes you on a wonderful journey through the sun-drenched vineyards and pretty waterside villages of the Languedoc—France’s most prolific wine producing region.
Don’t worry if you have never been on a boating holiday before; our boats are so easy to handle that no previous experience is necessary. We give everyone a hands-on demonstration before they set off, as well as an in-depth briefing which covers everything from tying knots to how the oven works. We want you to set off feeling confident and relaxed, so you can enjoy this great holiday adventure.
The Le Boat experience differs from other European holidays because you can stop whenever and wherever you want, and for as long as you want all from the unique perspective of your sundeck. Along your journey, make the most of colorful markets for shopping and join in with summer festivals to celebrate a more traditional way of life. At the end of the day, watch the sun set over reed beds, fields and vineyards and moor under the stars, along the quayside or in a marina.
- 1 Tour de France 2022: 3 new stage hosts announced
- 2 What you need to know about France’s Covid-19 health pass system
- 3 Escape to the Château: Dick and Angel Strawbridge return to screens for new series
- 4 French Property: 9 Vineyards for sale in France for every budget
- 5 A Year in Provence with Carol Drinkwater – the new Channel 5 series to enjoy this autumn
- 6 8 Instagram accounts all French learners should follow
- 7 Visit The Last Duel's French filming locations
- 8 Fibre optic France: countryside has faster internet access than many cities
- 9 Bargain beauties: 9 renovated French properties on the market for less than €150,000
- 10 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?