10 of the most Instagrammable places in Paris
- Credit: Archant
Spring has blossomed in the French capital; it’s the perfect time of year to get snapping. Head to these photogenic spots in the city for some Instagram inspiration
1) Rue Crémieux, 12th arrondissement
We couldn’t write this without including the travel photographers and fashion bloggers’ mecca: colourful Rue Crémieux. It’s become a staple of the professional Instagrammer’s Paris itinerary; and for good reason, with its handsome pastel walls and quaint doorways. Visit early morning or late evening to avoid the tourist hordes – but be considerate to the locals who are lucky enough to call it home,
2) La Maison Rose, 18th arrondissement
Open since 1905, this pastel-pink eatery with its trademark green shutters has been frequented over the decades by everyone from Picasso to Piaf. Be sure to stop for a drink or a bite to eat after getting your pictures; the food and drink is reasonably-priced for Paris.
3) 59 Rivoli, 1st arrondissement
It might not have the polished look of the other locations on this list, but the intriguing 59 Rivoli is still picture-perfect. It was claimed by squatting artists in 1999 and became a much-visited centre for contemporary art, then it was purchased in 2006 by the city of Paris. Now it’s still free to visit, with the studios of over 30 artists to explore.
- 1 48 hours in Paris: Unmissable new things to see and do on a short break in the city
- 2 The Madame Blanc Mysteries: former Coronation Street star swaps Manchester for France
- 3 Surprise, surprise! France offers expats a great quality of life
- 4 Allo Allo! Brits in France
- 5 Real Life: Canalside life in an idyllic Hérault village
- 6 What you need to know about France’s Covid-19 health pass system
- 7 A Year in Provence with Carol Drinkwater – the new Channel 5 series to enjoy this autumn
- 8 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
- 9 Tour de France 2022: 3 new stage hosts announced
- 10 Bargain beauties: 9 renovated French properties on the market for less than €150,000
4) La Coulée Verte, 12th arrondissement
The Coulée Verte is a blooming good use for a former railway line. Created in 1988 on the track that once linked Place de la Bastille with Varenne-Saint-Maur, the walkway is a refreshing respite from the busy city streets.
5) Sinking House of Paris, 18th arrondissement
This is the Parisian equivalent of the Leaning Tower of Pisa when it comes to people pulling funny poses to pretend they’re resting up on an object. This is on the way to get to the Sacré Coeur, so you’ll be able to combine your trip with some pictures of the beautiful basilica.
6) Au Vieux Paris d’Arcole, 4th arrondissement
Just a few metres from the Notre-Dame you’ll find this pretty restaurant with its green and blossom-covered façade. The interior is just as snappable as the outside, as is the food: traditional French fare including magret de canard.
7) Ladurée, 8th arrondissement
The home of the delectable treats that taste as good as they look, Ladurée is the place to go for a mouthwatering Instagram post. They have shops across the city, but the flagship store is situated on the Champs-Élysées.
8) Bibliothèque Richelieu-Louvois, 2nd arrondissement
Both the Salle Labrouste and Salle Ovale reading rooms at the Bibliothèque Nationale de France’s Rue de Richelieu outpost are stunning. The ornate Salle Labrouste has stunning white pillars, while the Salle Ovale boasts a pretty glass ceiling filling the space with natural light.
9) Pont de Bir-Hakeim, 15th-16th arrondissements
Whatever the weather, this imposing bridge (immortalised in Christopher Nolan’s film Inception) makes for a stunning snap. It’s also a great spot from which to capture the final gem on our list…
10) The Eiffel Tower, 17th arrondissement
Last, but by no means least, is the quintessential Paris landmark in the 7th arrondissement. There are so many great angles to capture the tower, so here are some of our favourites…
From the Trocadéro, 16th arrondissement
From the carousel on the corner of the Pont d’Iéna and Quai Branly, 7th arrondissement
From the rooftop of the Galeries Lafayette (whose interior is also Insta-worthy), 9th arrondissement
Liked this? You might also like...