La Ferme, Vienne
Modernised gites in the idyllic Vienne countryside ADVERTISING FEATURE
Modernised farmhouse gites with heated 12m indoor pool, hot spa & sauna.
Each gite sleeps up to 6, plus a cot. Towels, T-towels and bed linen provided. Central heating for the colder months. Large grounds.
Watersports, cycling, horse riding, and walking all nearby.
Shops 6km, restaurant 3km, supermarkets 6 & 12km.
Set in 35 acres of the picturesque Vienne countryside this holiday home is a part of an old farm complex which has been imaginatively restored retaining all the old charm of original oak beams and is centrally heated for all year round use. Furnishing and fittings are of a high standard and comfortable throughout. The house is surrounded by lawns and trees and beyond there are paddocks with friendly ponies.
The nearby town of Usson du Poitou has a selection of small shops, a bar and a restaurant. The picturesque town of L’Isle Jourdain has a supermarket, numerous shops and restaurants and water sports.
- 1 48 hours in Paris: Unmissable new things to see and do on a short break in the city
- 2 The Madame Blanc Mysteries: former Coronation Street star swaps Manchester for France
- 3 Allo Allo! Brits in France
- 4 Surprise, surprise! France offers expats a great quality of life
- 5 Real Life: Canalside life in an idyllic Hérault village
- 6 A Year in Provence with Carol Drinkwater – the new Channel 5 series to enjoy this autumn
- 7 What you need to know about France’s Covid-19 health pass system
- 8 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
- 9 Bargain beauties: 9 renovated French properties on the market for less than €150,000
- 10 Tour de France 2022: 3 new stage hosts announced
The region has sporting and leisure facilities for all ages. In the village of Queaux and at St Martin L’Ars there is fresh water swimming with sandy beaches. These and other centres offer tennis, canoeing, carting, sailing, golf, formula car and bike racing, water skiing, and horse riding. The famous Futuroscope, the Vallée des Singes (monkeys), the Chateau des Aigles (eagles), the Isle aux Serpents, and many other places of interest are within easy reach, as are the historic town of Poitiers, Limoges, famous for Porcelain, and Cognac, providing an opportunity to see and taste the product at one of the great and famous distilleries.
Tel: +33 5 49 84 16 47