Hotel in France crowned world’s most prestigious venue
- Credit: Archant
Top venues from around the world competed for the title which was won by a French hotel
Leading international venues and amazing unique spaces had the chance to shine as they came together to celebrate their success.
Each year the Prestigious Star Awards celebrates the quality and reputation of the world’s best venues which host fantastic, memorable events. It is the only global luxury venue recognition programme across the industry.
Around 2,000 venues and suppliers were assessed and reviewed for the 24 event categories which included Best Film Location Venue, Best Wedding Venue and Best Private Dining Venue.
The winner of the World’s Most Prestigious Venue award went to Hôtel Barrière Le Majestic in France. Located on La Croisette in Cannes, facing the Palais des Festivals et des Congrès and next to the old port, the hotel boasts spectacular views of the Mediterranean. Many of its 350 rooms and suites offer panoramic views, with guests also enjoying top-end services. The Suite Christian Dior is the only suite in Europe designed by the famous Paris couture label, with a stunning terrace looking out over the waves. The apartment also comes with its own butler and a Louis XVI dining room.
Guests at Le Majestic can dine on gourmet cuisine with restaurants including La Petite Maison de Nicole offering southern flavours in the French Riviera sunshine. While BFire specialises in sophisticated à la carte dining, as well as serving a special beach menu - the hotel has its own private beach, outdoor swimming pool and spa.
Visitors can look out to the Lérins Islands while sipping Champagne at La Rotonde Veuve Clicquot bar or enjoy cocktails at Bar Galerie du Fouquet’s Cannes, which has beams decorated with gold leaf.
As well as being named the World’s Most Prestigious Venue, Hôtel Barrière Le Majestic was also Highly Commended in the Best Engagement Party Venue category.
- 1 Travel vloggers visit ‘elegant and charming’ Nice in the South of France
- 2 Complete France Advent Calendar Competition 2021
- 3 7 project properties to renovate in France for under €20,000
- 4 The Madame Blanc Mysteries: former Coronation Street star swaps Manchester for France
- 5 Want to invest in a summer holiday let in France? Consider a cheap ski resort
- 6 Guide to social etiquette in France
- 7 What you need to know about France’s Covid-19 health pass system
- 8 Bargain beauties: 9 renovated French properties on the market for less than €150,000
- 9 How to find a dream home in France without leaving your sofa
- 10 5 festive French properties: Cute Cottages for sale in France
Other French runners-up included high-end caterers Potel & Chabot, Paris, which was Highly Commended in the Best Event Supplier category.
The awards programme is run every year by Prestigious Venues and the Prestigious Star Awards Grand Ball took place at One Whitehall Place in London. Nominated venues were voted for by event bookers with three finalists shortlisted in each category.
Other winning venues included Palazzo Versace Dubai (UAE), Blenheim Palace (UK), Su Gologone (Italy), Unico 20 87 (Mexico) and Hard Rock Hotel Davos (Switzerland).
For the full list of winners, visit prestigiousstarawards.com