Guided cycling and walking holidays in the Battlefields of Northern France and Belgium
What we do
Battlefield Journey believes in providing battlefield visits with a difference. Whether you are visiting the battlefields for the first time, in a group or by yourself, researching a family member or a frequent visitor wishing to see something new, we will tailor your visit to meet your precise requirements.
Having visited the battlefields on hundreds of occasions we have come to the firm conclusion that the best way to see these sites is either by walking or by cycling. Getting off the beaten track enables us to visit the parts that other tours simply don’t go to. Our visits cater for individuals, small groups and societies looking to do something ‘different’.
All our visits are accompanied by an experienced battlefield guide, who will be in touch with you before we go and at all times throughout your visit. The good news is that you don’t have to be super fit. All our visits are accompanied by a support vehicle and in any case distances both on foot and by bike are never excessive.
With group sizes never more than 12, there are plenty of opportunities to get to know your fellow travellers and to quiz our expert guides about the questions you want answered.
Who we are
- 1 Escape to the Château: Dick and Angel Strawbridge return to screens for new series
- 2 Film Review: Wes Anderson's The French Dispatch
- 3 5 French property articles you won’t want to miss
- 4 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
- 5 French Property: 9 Vineyards for sale in France for every budget
- 6 Visit The Last Duel's French filming locations
- 7 8 Instagram accounts all French learners should follow
- 8 Bargain beauties: 9 renovated French properties on the market for less than €150,000
- 9 3 key things you need to know about visas for France
- 10 What you need to know about France’s Covid-19 health pass system
Battlefield Journey are a small independent limited company. We are also members of the Travel Trust Association. This means that your money is completely safe when you book with us. Every penny that you pay is protected.
We pride ourselves on establishing a good working relationship with our clients – many of whom we keep in touch with well after our visits are over. When you make contact with us one of us will deal with every aspect of your visit – from the moment of initial contact until we part company on our return to the UK.
Where we go
Currently our visits focus on 5 main areas
• The Ypres Salient 1914 – 1918
• The Somme 1914 – 1918
• The London Blitz
• The Normandy Landings 1944
• The Western Front.
Within this broad framework we offer customer the opportunity to customise their visit and to go to places that are of relevance to them. As we say we like to make it personal!