Budget French hotel wins Best Hotel and Tourism Resort award
- Credit: Archant
The Paris-based project was praised for its street art concept and open house design
Winners of this year’s MIPIM Awards, which honour outstanding projects around the world, have been announced and include four in France.
The judges reviewed more than 228 entries from 45 countries and shortlisted the finest projects in each of the 11 competition categories which included Best Urban Project, Best Refurbished Building and Best Cultural & Sports Infrastructure.
JO&JOE Paris Gentilly won Best Hotel & Tourism Resort at the awards, which were held at the InterContinental Paris le Grand and was singled out for its refreshing open house design and street art concept.
Internationally renowned interior design and architecture studio PENSON commissioned artists and the artwork at JO&JOE Gentilly to portray its unique character and eclectic atmosphere. Hand-drawn, sprayed or painted artwork is part of JO&JOE’s unique design story and offers guests a one-of-a-kind experience.
Co-created by PENSON and Accor Group, JO&JOE is a hybrid; meeting somewhere between an open house, a hotel and a hostel. Located 20 minutes from central Paris, it is a stone’s throw from all the major attractions and is the first BBCA low-carbon hotel in the world.
Sleeping at JO&JOE comes in all shapes and sizes, with private and shared rooms. ‘Together’ rooms are dorm-like areas that sleep up to 12 people and cater for large groups or individuals wanting to share. High wooden partitions and blackout blinds give the modular beds a personal ‘pod’ feel.
- 1 Escape to the Château: Dick and Angel Strawbridge return to screens for new series
- 2 A Year in Provence with Carol Drinkwater – the new Channel 5 series to enjoy this autumn
- 3 Film Review: Wes Anderson's The French Dispatch
- 4 What you need to know about France’s Covid-19 health pass system
- 5 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
- 6 Fibre optic France: countryside has faster internet access than many cities
- 7 Visit The Last Duel's French filming locations
- 8 Bargain beauties: 9 renovated French properties on the market for less than €150,000
- 9 French Property: 9 Vineyards for sale in France for every budget
- 10 Stargazing in France: 3 International Dark Sky Reserves to visit
‘Yours’ rooms are private hotel-style guestrooms for two to six people with en suite – to cater for smaller private groups, including families. ‘Cabins’ are cool spaces offering private individual lockable cabins within larger rooms and have access to the communal washrooms.
Opened in April 2019, the 485-bed hotel includes a public restaurant and bar, as well as open-mic stage, a large charming garden space and social spaces reserved for guests. It is the second JO&JOE open house in PENSON’s portfolio, with the first located in Hossegor in south-west France.
Other French winners at the awards included Grand Central Saint Lazare in Paris which won Best Office & Business Development; l1ive which won Best Futura Project, giving a preview into what the future might hold, and Inventing the Greater Paris Metropolis which scooped Best Futura Mega Project.
You might also like