Expand your holiday horizons with Michelin Tourist Guides
If you fancy a taste of France’s rich and diverse lifestyles, Michelin’s lively easy-to-read GREEN GUIDES will offer you a unique perspective based over 100 years of travel expertise ADVERTISING FEATURE
What’s so unique about out travel guides?
As one of the founders of the modern travel guide, Michelin combines its passion for mobility with an appeal to the entire family.
This means that the GREEN GUIDES are perfect for:
- Families - Our family-friendly tips will help you experience great activities with your children.
- Outdoor enthusiasts - Our star-rated driving and walking tours selections are the ultimate in familiarising you with your destination.
- Food lovers - Our insider tips for Michelin’s selected hotels and restaurants will help you get the most from your travels.
- 1 Iconic landmarks: The story behind Paris’ Arc de Triomphe
- 2 10 Romantic Hotels In France
- 3 Take a stroll in and around Pornic in Loire-Atlantique
- 4 French Properties: 5 houses with swimming pools for sale in France
- 5 See inside: Escape to the Chateau DIY's Chateau de Lomenie for sale
- 6 Discover the South of France villa from the upcoming Downton Abbey film
- 7 Why Boulogne-sur-Mer makes for a perfect family escape
- 8 Real Life: Canalside life in an idyllic Hérault village
- 9 What’s inside the May 2022 issue of FRANCE Magazine UK?
- 10 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
Organised geographically, the comprehensive coverage and easy to follow layout ensures that the GREEN GUIDE help you make the most of your holiday.
France: Another world on your doorstep
So which region of France would you like to explore on your next holiday? To help you choose, here is a taster of three fabulous French regions we cover:
BRITTANY - Will you hike along the wild and dramatic Armor coastline or would you rather take the paths of the Argoat natural parks in the more private inland part of Brittany? Whichever path you choose, you will never be far from the blue ocean with breathtaking views and stunning beaches hidden amongst the rocks. Brittany is also a thriving cultural hub with many music festivals, a “penchant” for cider and great seafood dishes.
FRENCH RIVIERA - From Bandol and its famous vineyards overlooking the sea to Menton, known for its lemons and warm climate, the French Riviera at the dawn of the 21st century is still a place that people dream about. There are still plenty of areas that have been preserved, like the dreamy Hyères Islands (Porquerolles, Port-Cros and Île du Levant), a world apart from the concrete marinas. Whether you fancy cruising the glamorous coastline of the Cote d’Azur, shopping at Monte Carlo’s boutiques, taking part in Nice’s two-week carnival or driving around the stunning Massif de l’Esterel, the French Riviera is for you!
LANGUEDOC / TARN GORGES - Take some time to explore the Midi-Pyrénées region, a land of rugby, foie gras and cassoulet, but also of fishing, hiking and spas. Between the mountains and the sea, Languedoc Roussillon is a patchwork of little pays (‘lands’) which seem to have been specially designed for a family holiday! Approaching Carcassonne, you will be amazed by the silhouette of this medieval town whose ramparts and keeps are among the most striking in Europe.
Planning a fun holiday for all the family?
Michelin GREEN GUIDES are easy to use, full of insider tips, historical detail and fun ideas for the whole family. We place a KIDS symbol next to all the best places for children and highlight activities to keep your children interested no matter where you find yourself. Add in our selection of the best addresses for every budget and taste, along with Michelin’s legendary mapping and you have the recipe for a great family holiday!
The world is your oyster!
These are just three of the 18 specialist titles of France from Michelin’s GREEN GUIDE series.
With our range of 57 GREEN GUIDES on various regions and countries of the World, be your own guide and make the most of your holidays! From £14.99, the Michelin GREEN GUIDES are the perfect companion to help you travel the way that suits you the best and get the most from your stay.
Enter our competition HERE to win a copy of the Green Guide of your choice.