Easter egg hunts in France
Enjoy the best egg hunts in France over the Easter weekend
Château de Vaux-le-Vicomte, Loire Valley
31 March - 2 April
The Château de Vaux-le-Vicomte is celebrating Easter with an Easter egg hunt in its grounds. There will be challenges and competitions in the château gardens with chocolate Easter eggs as the prizes and numerous activities and workshops for both adults and children. There will also be face painting and pony rides in the gardens.
Parc du Grand-Blottereau, Nantes
1 April (TBC)
The French charity Secours populaire has been organising an Easter egg hunt in the capital of Pays-de-la-Loire for a number of years. Children track down 2,000 painted polystyrene eggs hidden in trees and flowerbeds of the 30-hectare park and exchange them for chocolate ones. Music, magicians, clowns and face-painting stands all add to the fun.
Join in the Grande Chasse aux Oeufs at the Jardins Suspendus de Marqueyssac in Dordogne over Easter weekend. More than 7,000 eggs will be hidden in the ornate gardens and once the little ones have scoffed all their winnings, egg-painting workshops and other activities will keep them amused so the adults can explore the beautiful grounds at leisure.
Perched on the north-eastern coast of Corsica, near the town of L’Île-Rousse, the seven-hectare park will celebrate Easter by hiding more than 10,000 chocolate eggs for children to find. Grown-ups can enjoy a picnic while their little ones search the grounds and also enjoy donkey rides, a pop-up playground and farm animal encounters.
- 1 Iconic landmarks: The story behind Paris’ Arc de Triomphe
- 2 10 Romantic Hotels In France
- 3 Take a stroll in and around Pornic in Loire-Atlantique
- 4 French Properties: 5 houses with swimming pools for sale in France
- 5 See inside: Escape to the Chateau DIY's Chateau de Lomenie for sale
- 6 Discover the South of France villa from the upcoming Downton Abbey film
- 7 Why Boulogne-sur-Mer makes for a perfect family escape
- 8 Real Life: Canalside life in an idyllic Hérault village
- 9 What’s inside the May 2022 issue of FRANCE Magazine UK?
- 10 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
Like this? You might enjoy: