Easter egg hunts in France
Enjoy the best egg hunts in France over the Easter weekend
Château de Vaux-le-Vicomte, Loire Valley
31 March - 2 April
The Château de Vaux-le-Vicomte is celebrating Easter with an Easter egg hunt in its grounds. There will be challenges and competitions in the château gardens with chocolate Easter eggs as the prizes and numerous activities and workshops for both adults and children. There will also be face painting and pony rides in the gardens.
Parc du Grand-Blottereau, Nantes
1 April (TBC)
The French charity Secours populaire has been organising an Easter egg hunt in the capital of Pays-de-la-Loire for a number of years. Children track down 2,000 painted polystyrene eggs hidden in trees and flowerbeds of the 30-hectare park and exchange them for chocolate ones. Music, magicians, clowns and face-painting stands all add to the fun.
Join in the Grande Chasse aux Oeufs at the Jardins Suspendus de Marqueyssac in Dordogne over Easter weekend. More than 7,000 eggs will be hidden in the ornate gardens and once the little ones have scoffed all their winnings, egg-painting workshops and other activities will keep them amused so the adults can explore the beautiful grounds at leisure.
Perched on the north-eastern coast of Corsica, near the town of L’Île-Rousse, the seven-hectare park will celebrate Easter by hiding more than 10,000 chocolate eggs for children to find. Grown-ups can enjoy a picnic while their little ones search the grounds and also enjoy donkey rides, a pop-up playground and farm animal encounters.
- 1 Tour de France 2022: 3 new stage hosts announced
- 2 What you need to know about France’s Covid-19 health pass system
- 3 Fibre optic France: countryside has faster internet access than many cities
- 4 French Property: 9 Vineyards for sale in France for every budget
- 5 Escape to the Château: Dick and Angel Strawbridge return to screens for new series
- 6 A Year in Provence with Carol Drinkwater – the new Channel 5 series to enjoy this autumn
- 7 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
- 8 8 Instagram accounts all French learners should follow
- 9 Visit The Last Duel's French filming locations
- 10 Stargazing in France: 3 International Dark Sky Reserves to visit
Like this? You might enjoy: