D-Day Landings 65th Anniversary Campaign
Re-live the memories with Leger Holidays, the experts in Battlefield Tours
This month sees the 65th anniversary of the D-Day landings and to help celebrate the 65th anniversary, Leger Holidays, UK leader in specialist in Battlefield tours, has launched a special campaign to encourage people to share their personal stories and memories about how they or their family members were involved in the Second World War.
Entitled Keep the Memories Alive’, this campaign will give people the chance to record their anecdotes, pictures and memories about the Second World War on a special website – www.keepthememoriesalive.co.uk.
And, to commemorate the 65th anniversary, Leger Holidays is offering a specialist D-Day Landings in Normandy tour. This tour takes in the landing beaches, battlegrounds, military cemeteries and museums of the single biggest invasion force ever assembled. Prices start from �229 with departures dates available throughout 2009 and 2010.
Leger Holidays, offers a range of great value European Battlefield tours featuring dedicated expert guides.
Leger’s tours visit a number of WWI and WWII battlefields across Europe including, D-Day Beaches, The Western Front, Flanders Fields, The Somme, and Passchendaele. With 27 itineraries to choose from, Leger caters for a variety of interests, even including tours for the Napoleonic and American Civil Wars. New breaks for 2009 include, Arras – Britain’s Bloodiest Battle and The War Underground, Western Front Explorer, and Cycling the Ypres Salient.
Whether a veteran, relative or educational group, Leger aims to make it easy for those wishing to travel to Europe on a Battlefield tour. Holidays feature added benefits such as door-to-door pick up, specialist Battlefield guides, excursions and visits to ensure a great value and memorable journey of remembrance.
Battlefield tour departures are available throughout 2009 with the option to travel by executive coach or upgrade to Silver Service. Luxury Silver Service coach travel features extra leg room, separate rear lounge, DVD and video, free personal in-seat headsets and additional excursions on some tours, plus porterage in all hotels.
For further information about Leger Holidays’ Battlefields tours, please visit http://battlefields.leger.co.uk/
- 1 Escape to the Château: Dick and Angel Strawbridge return to screens for new series
- 2 A Year in Provence with Carol Drinkwater – the new Channel 5 series to enjoy this autumn
- 3 What you need to know about France’s Covid-19 health pass system
- 4 Film Review: Wes Anderson's The French Dispatch
- 5 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
- 6 Visit The Last Duel's French filming locations
- 7 Fibre optic France: countryside has faster internet access than many cities
- 8 Book Competition: Win a copy of Fresh Water for Flowers by Valérie Perrin
- 9 Take a journey through France with the FRANCE Calendar 2022
- 10 3 key things you need to know about visas for France