Winner of Best Ski Chalet in France revealed
- Credit: Archant
A luxury chalet in Val d’Isère wowed judges at this year’s World Ski Awards
Chalet Marco Polo, managed by luxury chalet operator Consensio, received the most votes from the public and industry leaders to clinch the prestigious title of France’s Best Ski Chalet.
It was also shortlisted for the title of World’s Best Ski Chalet at the World Ski Awards which was won by Chalet les Anges in Switzerland.
Situated in the heart of the French ski resort of Val d’Isère, Marco Polo sleeps 10 adults and four children with six impressive en-suite bedrooms, which combine contemporary and traditional materials.
Alongside the expansive living area which has an open-plan lounge and dining area set around a central fireplace, Marco Polo’s large balcony boasts an outdoor kitchen, heated seating and panoramic views of La Face piste.
Inside the chalet there is a whole floor dedicated to relaxation including a gold leaf jet stream swimming pool designed by Christian Lacroix. Also included is a hot tub, Hammam, relaxation area, two massage rooms, an automatic hydro massage machine and a techno gym equipped with two of everything, so guests can work out in pairs.
Descending into the heart of the chalet there is a cave and fromagerie for wine and cheese tasting as well as a games and entertainment room. Marco Polo even has its own télécabine (cable car) as a ski boot room.
Ceri Tinley, Managing Director of Consensio Chalets, which operates a portfolio of 12 high-end chalets and six luxury self-catering apartments in the French Alps, said: “I am delighted and very proud that one of our chalets has again won this award for the sixth year running, Marco Polo is truly an outstanding chalet and deserves to recapture the title of the Best Ski Chalet in France.”
Chalet Marco Polo can be hired from £22,800 per week on a fully inclusive basis including all meals, an unlimited open bar, Perrier-Jouët Champagne served at any time of day and an in-resort chauffeur.
- 1 3 key things you need to know about visas for France
- 2 48 hours in Paris: Unmissable new things to see and do on a short break in the city
- 3 Allo Allo! Brits in France
- 4 Tour de France 2022: 3 new stage hosts announced
- 5 8 Instagram accounts all French learners should follow
- 6 Real Life: Canalside life in an idyllic Hérault village
- 7 What you need to know about France’s Covid-19 health pass system
- 8 The Madame Blanc Mysteries: former Coronation Street star swaps Manchester for France
- 9 Bargain beauties: 9 renovated French properties on the market for less than €150,000
- 10 A Year in Provence with Carol Drinkwater – the new Channel 5 series to enjoy this autumn
Previous Consensio chalets to have been awarded the title of France’s Best Ski Chalet include Chalet Mont Tremblant in Méribel and Chalet Grande Corniche in Les Gets.
This year the company also received a nomination for World’s Best Ski Tour operator which was won by Sunweb.
Other winners at this year’s World Ski Awards included Val Thorens which won World’s Best Ski Resort; Fahrenheit Seven Courchevel which won World’s Best New Ski Hotel; Chalet des Cascades in Les Arcs which won World’s Best New Ski Chalet; Le Chalet Zannier in Megève which won France’s Best Ski Boutique Hotel and Fahrenheit Seven Val Thorens which won France’s Best Ski Hotel.
Liked this? You might also like