5 tempting crêperies to visit on your next trip to Paris
- Credit: Archant
Whether you prefer sweet or savoury, there’s a crêpe for everyone in Paris
Your one-stop crêpe shop in the 18th arrondissement takes its name from a fun pun on the French word for 'twilight'. All the crêpes at Le Crêpuscule are made from organic ingredients and you can complement yours with a dollop of artisanal ice-cream or a tea from the vast range.
If you only try one, make it: Le Sud-Ouest (smoked magret de canard, onion confit, potatoes, confit duck gizzards).
The crêpe's spiritual home is Brittany, and this café aims to bring an authentic taste of the north-west to the capital. There are only a handful of seats, so you may want to unleash your inner flâneur and enjoy your crêpe al fresco in the heart of Saint-Germain.
If you only try one, make it: Sea Chic (smoked salmon, creamy dill sauce and fresh lemon).
Another Breton export, this cosy restaurant near the Eiffel Tower is a great spot to relax with a sweet or savoury treat after a busy day of sightseeing. Wash yours down in true Breton style with a glass of the region's famous cider.
If you only try one, make it: La Chorichèvre (chorizo, goat's cheese and mixed salad).
- 1 Surprise, surprise! France offers expats a great quality of life
- 2 Tour de France 2022: 3 new stage hosts announced
- 3 Real Life: Canalside life in an idyllic Hérault village
- 4 The Madame Blanc Mysteries: former Coronation Street star swaps Manchester for France
- 5 Allo Allo! Brits in France
- 6 48 hours in Paris: Unmissable new things to see and do on a short break in the city
- 7 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
- 8 What you need to know about France’s Covid-19 health pass system
- 9 3 key things you need to know about visas for France
- 10 Bargain beauties: 9 renovated French properties on the market for less than €150,000
It may take its name from a Stephen King novel (Marche Crève, or The Long Walk) but this delightful restaurant in the 20th arrondissement is no horror story. Choose from a smorgasbord of toppings laid out before your eyes to concoct a crêpe creation that Willy Wonka would be proud of.
If you only try one, make it: Praligrain (caramelised hazelnuts) and top it with extra banana.
In the trendy Marais you'll find this suitably cool crêperie with some out-of-this-world flavour combinations. If you're stopping by in the evening, don't miss the Bouchées Apéros - your favourite crêpes paired with a glass of wine.
If you only try one, make it: Breton sausage, apple, comté cheese, crème fraîche and mustard.
Liked this article? You might also like...