19 pictures that sum up why France is a magical place to live and visit
From majestic mountain ranges to Mediterranean beaches, fine food to high fashion is it any wonder so many people love France so much?
1 It is certainly a diverse country! From pretty French villages ...
2 ...To elegant royal châteaux, fit for kings
3 From rolling countryside, which is home to picturesque vineyards and lavender fields...
- 1 3 key things you need to know about visas for France
- 2 Real Life: Canalside life in an idyllic Hérault village
- 3 8 Instagram accounts all French learners should follow
- 4 The Madame Blanc Mysteries: former Coronation Street star swaps Manchester for France
- 5 Take a journey through France with the FRANCE Calendar 2022
- 6 Tour de France 2022: 3 new stage hosts announced
- 7 Bargain beauties: 9 renovated French properties on the market for less than €150,000
- 8 Can I disinherit my children?
- 9 What you need to know about France’s Covid-19 health pass system
- 10 Aude: 6 alternative tourist spots in Cathar Country
4 …That has inspired some of the world’s great artists (Monet, Degas and Renoir to name a few)…
5 ...To no less than 7 imposing mountain ranges, including the world famous Alps
6 A stunning coastline, a favourite of the rich and famous
7 ...And who can forget Paris?
8 It’s a country for adrenaline junkies too…
9 ...From skiing and mountain biking…
10 ...To climbing and watersports
11 There is something for every outdoor sport lover
12 And, of course, is home to the oldest and most prestigious of all cycling Great Tours and world’s most famous cycling race, the Tour de France
13 While for the cultured there are 35 UNESCO World Heritage Sites, including the staggeringly beautiful Palace of Versailles
14 And fashion followers look on in envy at the elegant, chic style of French women
15 France is also the home of champagne - need we say more?
16 Not forgetting other famous wines, including Burgundy and Bordeaux
17 And then there’s the French pâtisseries, who could forget them?
18 Not to mention the cheese…
19 And the restaurants – 27 of which have been awarded three Michelin Stars, including L’Ambroisie in Paris
Voilà pourquoi nous aimons la France