18 stunning photos that prove autumn is the perfect time to visit France
- Credit: Archant
You’ll want to book an autumn weekend break right away after seeing these pictures!
We've selected some of our favourite pictures of France's autumn colours. Which is your favourite?
The Avenue des Champs-Élysées in Paris is lined by a parade of copper-coloured trees heralding the arrival of autumn.
Boats moored up on the Canal de Midi near Toulouse as walkers and cyclists take advantage of the nearby towpath.
A majestic entrance to the grapevines at Château la Nerthe, one of the historic founding estates of Châteauneuf-du-Pape, in Provence.
A fisherman makes the most of the tranquil waters of Lac de Saint-Point near Pontarlier, Doubs.
A murmuration of starlings dances through the skies above Corsica.
- 1 Want to invest in a summer holiday let in France? Consider a cheap ski resort
- 2 The Madame Blanc Mysteries: former Coronation Street star swaps Manchester for France
- 3 How to find a dream home in France without leaving your sofa
- 4 Guide to social etiquette in France
- 5 5 ways to integrate into your new community in France
- 6 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
- 7 5 festive French properties: Cute Cottages for sale in France
- 8 You can soon visit a replica of the world’s only prehistoric underwater cave
- 9 Allo Allo! Brits in France
- 10 Bargain beauties: 9 renovated French properties on the market for less than €150,000
The Pont des Tuves in Alpes-Maritimes frames the River Siagne.
The Eiffel Tower is framed by a rainbow of leaves.
A drone captures the autumn colours in the French Alps near Chamonix.
The cliffside village of La Roque-Gageac is resplendent at this time of year.
The Medici Fountain in Paris' Jardin de Luxembourg is blanketed in leaves.
The River Vilaine in Brittany dazzles in the autumn sunshine.
Lyon makes a great autumn city break destination.
Église Saint-Martin de Fixin towers above the vineyards of Côte d'Or.
A dog hunts out truffles in an oak forest in Provence.
La Roque-Alric in Vaucluse, a commune in Vaucluse.
A solitary bench perfect for an afternoon spent with a book at the Château de la Ferté-Vidame in Orne.
A cornucopia of colours makes the Massif Central a beautiful place to visit at this time of year.
The Lac de Bethmale in Ariège makes a beautiful spot for photography.
Liked this article? You might also like...