18 stunning photos that prove autumn is the perfect time to visit France
- Credit: Archant
You’ll want to book an autumn weekend break right away after seeing these pictures!
We've selected some of our favourite pictures of France's autumn colours. Which is your favourite?
The Avenue des Champs-Élysées in Paris is lined by a parade of copper-coloured trees heralding the arrival of autumn.
Boats moored up on the Canal de Midi near Toulouse as walkers and cyclists take advantage of the nearby towpath.
A majestic entrance to the grapevines at Château la Nerthe, one of the historic founding estates of Châteauneuf-du-Pape, in Provence.
A fisherman makes the most of the tranquil waters of Lac de Saint-Point near Pontarlier, Doubs.
A murmuration of starlings dances through the skies above Corsica.
- 1 Tour de France 2022: 3 new stage hosts announced
- 2 What you need to know about France’s Covid-19 health pass system
- 3 Fibre optic France: countryside has faster internet access than many cities
- 4 A Year in Provence with Carol Drinkwater – the new Channel 5 series to enjoy this autumn
- 5 Escape to the Château: Dick and Angel Strawbridge return to screens for new series
- 6 French Property: 9 Vineyards for sale in France for every budget
- 7 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
- 8 Visit The Last Duel's French filming locations
- 9 8 Instagram accounts all French learners should follow
- 10 3 key things you need to know about visas for France
The Pont des Tuves in Alpes-Maritimes frames the River Siagne.
The Eiffel Tower is framed by a rainbow of leaves.
A drone captures the autumn colours in the French Alps near Chamonix.
The cliffside village of La Roque-Gageac is resplendent at this time of year.
The Medici Fountain in Paris' Jardin de Luxembourg is blanketed in leaves.
The River Vilaine in Brittany dazzles in the autumn sunshine.
Lyon makes a great autumn city break destination.
Église Saint-Martin de Fixin towers above the vineyards of Côte d'Or.
A dog hunts out truffles in an oak forest in Provence.
La Roque-Alric in Vaucluse, a commune in Vaucluse.
A solitary bench perfect for an afternoon spent with a book at the Château de la Ferté-Vidame in Orne.
A cornucopia of colours makes the Massif Central a beautiful place to visit at this time of year.
The Lac de Bethmale in Ariège makes a beautiful spot for photography.
Liked this article? You might also like...