WIN! A copy of The Place to Be
- Credit: Archant
Enter our competition to win a copy of Lonely Planet’s inspiring travel guide The Place to Be
“Ultimately, we travel in search of a feeling. That feeling might be a sense of awe or wonder that we don’t receive in our daily routines, or it might be a cossetting feeling of calm.”
Travel experts at Lonely Planet have come up with a travel guide with a difference, focusing on what travellers are looking for, rather than telling them where to go.
The book lists 250 destinations – including several in France – based on the feeling and emotions they are likely to convey. Each chapter explores a state of mind and suggests 20 destinations to visit, from total escapism in the wild, to city buzz.
The Place to Be tells you where to go to feel awed, serene, passion, amused, inspired, exhilarated, happy, enlightened, solitary, fulfilled, adventurous and reflective.
In keeping with Lonely Planet’s style, the book is beautifully illustrated with stunning and evocative photography, while their best travel writers deliver expert advice and tips on how to get to these inspirational destinations.
The Place to Be, Lonely Planet £19.99
- 1 Emily in Paris: 3 Parisian apartments for sale that remind us of the popular Netflix show
- 2 Bargain Properties: 15 French houses on the market for under €50,000
- 3 Can you guess which 3 French towns are the best to live in?
- 4 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
- 5 Eco-friendly France: 5 new laws for 2022 plus 5 more for the future
- 6 Visit The Last Duel's French filming locations
- 7 9 dreamy châteaux for sale in France for budgets starting at €200,000
- 8 Visit Notre-Dame cathedral in a new virtual reality experience
- 9 5 beautiful Brittany properties for sale from €77,000
- 10 French château: Moving to the ‘edge of the world’ to run an award-winning luxury guesthouse
We have three copies of The Place to Be to give away! Enter by filling in the form below, competition closes on 20 March 2018.