WIN! A copy of The Place to Be
- Credit: Archant
Enter our competition to win a copy of Lonely Planet’s inspiring travel guide The Place to Be
“Ultimately, we travel in search of a feeling. That feeling might be a sense of awe or wonder that we don’t receive in our daily routines, or it might be a cossetting feeling of calm.”
Travel experts at Lonely Planet have come up with a travel guide with a difference, focusing on what travellers are looking for, rather than telling them where to go.
The book lists 250 destinations – including several in France – based on the feeling and emotions they are likely to convey. Each chapter explores a state of mind and suggests 20 destinations to visit, from total escapism in the wild, to city buzz.
The Place to Be tells you where to go to feel awed, serene, passion, amused, inspired, exhilarated, happy, enlightened, solitary, fulfilled, adventurous and reflective.
In keeping with Lonely Planet’s style, the book is beautifully illustrated with stunning and evocative photography, while their best travel writers deliver expert advice and tips on how to get to these inspirational destinations.
The Place to Be, Lonely Planet £19.99
- 1 French Property: 9 Vineyards for sale in France for every budget
- 2 Escape to the Château: Dick and Angel Strawbridge return to screens for new series
- 3 5 French property articles you won’t want to miss
- 4 Stargazing in France: 3 International Dark Sky Reserves to visit
- 5 8 Instagram accounts all French learners should follow
- 6 A Year in Provence with Carol Drinkwater – the new Channel 5 series to enjoy this autumn
- 7 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
- 8 Bargain beauties: 9 renovated French properties on the market for less than €150,000
- 9 3 key things you need to know about visas for France
- 10 Visit The Last Duel's French filming locations
We have three copies of The Place to Be to give away! Enter by filling in the form below, competition closes on 20 March 2018.