WIN! A copy of the novel, The Price of Love
- Credit: Archant
Enter our competition to win a copy of the novel The Price of Love by Deanna Maclaren
“The Frenchman studied her for a moment, and then said, ‘I have a better idea for you. How well do you know Paris?’
‘Oh, just as a student. Couldn’t afford anything, of course.’
From his jacket pocket Jean-Paul took out a silver key ring, with two keys attached to it. He dropped them on the table in front of her.
‘Why don’t you spend Christmas in Paris? I keep a small apartment on the Left Bank.’”
Helene Brooks is in her thirties and a very beautiful woman. She hates her job as a freelance legal secretary but loves the life she leads in London. Every Friday, she embarks on her ‘Night of Crime’ and frequents her favourite bar, in the hope that a lonely businessman will invite her out for a night of carefree pleasure. On one of those nights she meets Jean-Paul, an attractive married Frenchman who knows exactly what he wants.
Encouraged by this new lover and seeking a different and exciting life, Helene moves to Paris. She finds a job as a cleaning lady and takes another lover, Alexis, who introduces her to a whole new world of liberation. Soon, Helene experiences more than she bargained for as Jean-Paul suddenly dies and his son, Marc, does his best to comfort her.
- 1 The Madame Blanc Mysteries: former Coronation Street star swaps Manchester for France
- 2 Allo Allo! Brits in France
- 3 48 hours in Paris: Unmissable new things to see and do on a short break in the city
- 4 Bargain Properties: 15 French houses on the market for under €50,000
- 5 What you need to know about France’s Covid-19 health pass system
- 6 Surprise, surprise! France offers expats a great quality of life
- 7 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
- 8 3 key things you need to know about visas for France
- 9 Visit The Last Duel's French filming locations
- 10 Real Life: Canalside life in an idyllic Hérault village
Things are made much worse when Alexis’ sister murders Helene’s employer as she escapes from her husband who had locked her in a dungeon. Helene flees back to her family in England but Marc follows her…
Set in beautiful Paris and its romantic Left Bank, Deanna Maclaren’s latest novel is a light and modern story offering an exciting read with plenty of eccentric characters.
We have 3 copies of The Price of Love to give away.
To enter, click here