WIN! A copy of France From the Source
- Credit: Archant
We have three copies of France From the Source by Carolyn Boyd for you to win
This competition has now closed but we have plenty of other competitions for you to enter! Find them all here
“No other nation’s cuisine has given as much to the world as France. It’s a country where food is the very glue that binds society together.”
France’s cuisine is recognised as one of the best in the world but do you know where iconic recipes such as boeuf bourguignon or tarte au citron come from? This book will take the reader on a whirlwind tour of France, discovering the chefs and the regions behind classic recipes.
From village bakeries and family bistros to haute-cuisine restaurants, Carolyn Boyd tours the country to meet local cooks who share their passion for food through 63 regional recipes. The book is divided into four major sections, each boasting a detailed map, where northern, central, south-west and south-east France are examined through their traditional recipes, culinary traditions and best-known chefs who reveal the secrets behind the famous French dishes they love to cook.
Illustrated with stunning photos by River Thompson, France From the Source offers a unique insight into French cuisine, giving you the chance to try your hand at recipes such as clafoutis or baguette.
Closing date is 17 October
France From the Source, Carolyn Boyd, £19.99, Lonely Planet
- 1 48 hours in Paris: Unmissable new things to see and do on a short break in the city
- 2 The Madame Blanc Mysteries: former Coronation Street star swaps Manchester for France
- 3 Surprise, surprise! France offers expats a great quality of life
- 4 Real Life: Canalside life in an idyllic Hérault village
- 5 Allo Allo! Brits in France
- 6 What you need to know about France’s Covid-19 health pass system
- 7 Tour de France 2022: 3 new stage hosts announced
- 8 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
- 9 Bargain beauties: 9 renovated French properties on the market for less than €150,000
- 10 3 key things you need to know about visas for France