WIN! A copy of Curiosities of Paris
- Credit: Archant
We have three copies of Curiosities of Paris by Dominique Lesbros for you to win
“Even the most familiar walks can yield previously unnoticed surprises. Simply cross to the other side of the street and find out.”
While visiting Paris, we can quickly get engrossed in the grandeur and style of the buildings and overlook the little details that could tell us great stories. Author Dominique Lesbros strives to remedy this in her ‘idiosyncratic guide to overlooked delights...hidden in plain sight’.
A prolific writer on Paris, she has unearthed the secrets behind details such as the unique features of Parisian street lighting and the history behind street signs, pieces of mosaic and even elm trees.
The book is organised by subject from fountains and wells to legendary hotels and uses no fewer than 800 photos of unique locations to guide you through the hidden side of Paris.
Lesbros also suggests three walks, each following a theme: the Quasimodo tour, on the trail of the ancient walls and Revolutionary Paris. An essential read for the flâneur exploring the French capital.
We have three copies of Curiosities of Paris to give away! Click here to enter!
The closing date is 15 August 2017.
- 1 Escape to the Château: Dick and Angel Strawbridge return to screens for new series
- 2 A Year in Provence with Carol Drinkwater – the new Channel 5 series to enjoy this autumn
- 3 What you need to know about France’s Covid-19 health pass system
- 4 Film Review: Wes Anderson's The French Dispatch
- 5 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
- 6 Fibre optic France: countryside has faster internet access than many cities
- 7 Visit The Last Duel's French filming locations
- 8 Bargain beauties: 9 renovated French properties on the market for less than €150,000
- 9 Book Competition: Win a copy of Fresh Water for Flowers by Valérie Perrin
- 10 8 Instagram accounts all French learners should follow
Curiosities of Paris by Dominique Lesbros, £14.99, The Little Bookroom