Village house in Vienne
- Credit: Archant
This pretty village house already set up as a luxury B&B is Emma Rawle’s favourite French property for sale
The moment I saw this pretty five-bedroomed village house bathed in Vienne sunshine, I could see myself living here.
My day would start with a leisurely breakfast of fresh croissants and coffee out on the terrace, soaking up the morning sun, followed by a bit of pottering around the mature garden. Then I might retreat inside to escape from the sun’s midday heat and instead relax in the spacious lounge, or I could choose to cook up a storm in the beautiful welcoming kitchen, complete with white units and modern fittings.
This idyllic lifestyle would need funding though, and luckily the house is already set up as a luxury B&B with the potential to expand if I so desired. The current owner has already been awarded the ‘label qualité de la Vienne’ for the business, ensuring it meets the criteria set out by the tourist board for a high standard of guest accommodation.
The house has three en-suite bedrooms, all finished to a high standard, but there is the potential to expand the business by converting a stone barn behind the house into either an independent gîte or further B&B rooms. The house is in an ideal location for a B&B, as it is just four kilometres from the main N10 road, making it perfect for those looking for a stop on their way to south-west France and Spain.
- 1 Iconic landmarks: The story behind Paris’ Arc de Triomphe
- 2 10 Romantic Hotels In France
- 3 Take a stroll in and around Pornic in Loire-Atlantique
- 4 French Properties: 5 houses with swimming pools for sale in France
- 5 See inside: Escape to the Chateau DIY's Chateau de Lomenie for sale
- 6 Discover the South of France villa from the upcoming Downton Abbey film
- 7 Why Boulogne-sur-Mer makes for a perfect family escape
- 8 Real Life: Canalside life in an idyllic Hérault village
- 9 What’s inside the May 2022 issue of FRANCE Magazine UK?
- 10 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
The owner’s own accommodation is currently two bedrooms, which would be enough space for me, and with the array of guest accommodation I’m sure I wouldn’t be short of visitors! On the market for €289,500, it’s an established business and huge potential for any prospective B&B owners.