How to make the most of your retirement in France…and 7 other things we learnt in the February issue of French Property News!
- Credit: Archant
What do I need to know before buying a home on the waterfront? Who was Vauban, the engineer who left his mark all over France? How can I let my holiday home all year round? The answers are all in the February issue of French Property News, out now!
1. Thinking of retiring to France? Find out how to turn your retirement into an opportunity enjoy the outdoors, learn new skills and become the best version of yourself, on page 24.
2. February is of course the month of love, so we're matchmaking three readers with some gorgeous French properties, on page 28.
3. Many of us have come across the name Vauban when visiting France. But who was the legendary engineer, and where can his creations be found? Find out on page 36
4. The thought of lazing in your waterside garden, watching life drift on by is certainly idyllic. There are many fabulous spots for waterside properties across France as well as some key things should know before you steam ahead. Read about them on page 42.
5.Thinking of making some minor alterations to your French property? You may still need to secure planning permission, as our expert explains on page 64.
6. Letting out your French property as a holiday rental is a great way of securing extra income, but there are some tips and tricks that will boost your chances of finding interest all year round. Find out more on page 68
- 1 3 key things you need to know about visas for France
- 2 Real Life: Canalside life in an idyllic Hérault village
- 3 8 Instagram accounts all French learners should follow
- 4 The Madame Blanc Mysteries: former Coronation Street star swaps Manchester for France
- 5 Take a journey through France with the FRANCE Calendar 2022
- 6 Bargain beauties: 9 renovated French properties on the market for less than €150,000
- 7 Tour de France 2022: 3 new stage hosts announced
- 8 Can I disinherit my children?
- 9 What you need to know about France’s Covid-19 health pass system
- 10 Aude: 6 alternative tourist spots in Cathar Country
7. 2020 is now in full swing and there are a few property hotspots to watch out for as well as some money-saving currency tips, says our expert on page 76.
If you want to read and learn more about buying property in France you can buy the February 2020 issue of French Property News here.
Or, you can take out our great subscription offer and get the magazine delivered to your door every month!
On this month's cover: an elegant logis in the heart of Charente, on the market with Charente Immobilier