Take a look at the intriguing Voyages à Nantes festival
- Credit: Archant
The annual Voyages à Nantes art festival transforms the streets of Nantes into a giant exhibition space. These are some of our favourite parts of this year’s festival including a skydiving walrus and a giant slide!
Over the summer the city of Nantes in Pays-de-la-Loire is taken over by the Voyages a Nantes art festival. Contemporary art installations and exhibitions pop up in streets, quays and squares, all linked by a 16-kilometre green line that spectators can follow. This is the sixth year the festival has been run and you have until 27th August to visit. These are some of our favourite installations from the Voyages a Nantes...
Ever wanted to slide down the side of a 13th-century castle? Well now you can! How much fun does this slide along the walls of the Château des Ducs de Bretagne look?!
A Ferris wheel with digger buckets instead of seats has appeared in the Place du Bouffary...
It looks like a skydiving walrus has got his parachute stuck on the Musée Dobrée...
- 1 48 hours in Paris: Unmissable new things to see and do on a short break in the city
- 2 Allo Allo! Brits in France
- 3 Tour de France 2022: 3 new stage hosts announced
- 4 3 key things you need to know about visas for France
- 5 8 Instagram accounts all French learners should follow
- 6 Real Life: Canalside life in an idyllic Hérault village
- 7 What you need to know about France’s Covid-19 health pass system
- 8 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
- 9 The Madame Blanc Mysteries: former Coronation Street star swaps Manchester for France
- 10 A Year in Provence with Carol Drinkwater – the new Channel 5 series to enjoy this autumn
While there is a striking architectural sculpture in the gardens of the Musée Dobrée
These lovely miniature versions of some of Nantes’s buildings can be found in the Rue de Puits-d’Argent
You can chill out in a deck chair under a palm tree in the Place Royale
The Maison d’Arrêt (a type of French prison) has been decorated with graffiti-style art
This is a rather beautiful sight on the River Erdre
And in the Jardin des Plantes you will find...
And don’t forget to stop off at the Machines de l’île for a ride on the elephant!
Like this? You might enjoy: