See how much Paris has changed since 1900
- Credit: Archant
While the Eiffel Tower and the Arc de Triomphe have hardly changed since 1900 some parts of Paris look quite different now. See how much the city has changed in the last century with these amazing pictures
While the Eiffel Tower itself hasn’t changed since 1900, the buildings behind it certainly have... Move the slider to see how much
Apart from lines of cars instead of horses and carriages, Paris’s most famous street the Avenue des Champs-Élysées hasn’t really changed in over 100 years...
However, the Gare d’Orsay has been transformed from a train station in 1900 to an art museum...
- 1 Iconic landmarks: The story behind Paris’ Arc de Triomphe
- 2 10 Romantic Hotels In France
- 3 Take a stroll in and around Pornic in Loire-Atlantique
- 4 French Properties: 5 houses with swimming pools for sale in France
- 5 See inside: Escape to the Chateau DIY's Chateau de Lomenie for sale
- 6 Discover the South of France villa from the upcoming Downton Abbey film
- 7 Why Boulogne-sur-Mer makes for a perfect family escape
- 8 Real Life: Canalside life in an idyllic Hérault village
- 9 What’s inside the May 2022 issue of FRANCE Magazine UK?
- 10 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
The Arc de Triomphe still looks the same as it did in 1900 except the queues of cars have replaced the carriages...
The courtyard of the Palais du Louvre is now dominated by the modern glass pyramid that marks the entrance to the Musée du Louvre...
The outfits of the people may have changed but the Jardin du Luxembourg looks much like it did in 1900...
The Panthéon hasn’t changed much...
The Notre-Dame cathedral looks the same...
The Palais Garnier opera house hasn’t really changed...
Neither has the Place Vendôme...
Like this? You might enjoy: