Property pick: Alpine chalet in Méribel
- Credit: Archant
This week Stephanie Sheldrake falls for an Alpine chalet in Méribel
This four-bedroom chalet in the world-famous ski resort of Méribel would not only be a dream property, but would be a dream change in lifestyle. I’m not traditionally one for winter sports, but I can easily see why they appeal, especially in this part of the Alps: breathtaking mountain slopes covered in sparkling snow, exhilarating descents with the sun on your face and the crisp air filling your lungs. Yes, I could become a convert, and this property would make the perfect base.
Situated in the pretty ski village of Les Allues, part of the Méribel ski resort, this detached chalet has beautiful views across the valley, and a gondola link to the famous Trois Vallées ski area.
Laid out over three floors, the property is light and bright and the main rooms benefit from fine views. Entrance to the chalet is via the first floor which has a spacious open-plan living room with kitchen and dining areas, a large open fireplace and access to a sunny balcony. This would be the perfect space for entertaining – after all, skiing is as much a social pursuit as a sporting one.
On the second floor, there is a master bedroom with en suite and balcony, a further double bedroom with a balcony and a family bathroom. I could happily imagine waking up and drawing back the curtains to the dramatic view of the mountains before taking to the slopes for an adrenalin-fuelled, life-affirming blast of fun in one of the most famous ski locations in the world.
- 1 48 hours in Paris: Unmissable new things to see and do on a short break in the city
- 2 The Madame Blanc Mysteries: former Coronation Street star swaps Manchester for France
- 3 Surprise, surprise! France offers expats a great quality of life
- 4 Real Life: Canalside life in an idyllic Hérault village
- 5 What you need to know about France’s Covid-19 health pass system
- 6 Tour de France 2022: 3 new stage hosts announced
- 7 Bargain beauties: 9 renovated French properties on the market for less than €150,000
- 8 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
- 9 3 key things you need to know about visas for France
- 10 A Year in Provence with Carol Drinkwater – the new Channel 5 series to enjoy this autumn
On the ground floor are two more bedrooms and a bathroom, so there is plenty of accommodation for friends and family.
On the market at €850,000, this chalet’s price tag reflects its popular location and high quality, but similar properties are hard to find in this price range, so there are lots of good reasons to be tempted.